Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    I was just playing devils advocate here, since I don't think there's anyone else who posts here on this side of the isle in regards to this topic... and it's fun to see what people have to say, but my advocacy has elicited butthurt rather than discourse.
    No, you're right, there's nobody spewing climate science denial anywhere on the internet. I hadn't even thought of that. My bad.

I'll just leave this here..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	global_temperature_over_my_lifetime.png Views:	0 Size:	223.8 KB ID:	10029420
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Climate Change and Global Warming. Current news and data streams about global warming and climate change from NASA.

This current iteration of data presentation was organized at the end of the last administration, and similar data sets have been readily available online since around 2004 from NASA.

Basically, while spikes in temp/melting/CO2 are ABSOLUTELY NORMAL over a huge time scale we are clearly seeing a significantly larger spike than usual in the last ~50 years. Could this be temporary, sure. Does it seem likely that it is based on the data we have, no so much.

Remember, we are also in the midst of a normal cyclical spike, the problem is, that spike probably doesn't end for at least a few hundred years.

Ultimately, even if this is a temporary spike, over a 50-200 year time scale, it very likely that it will be extremely detrimental to human life as we know it in the next 50-80 years, not to mention the rest of the planet, and if we have the ability push it the other way (using tech to adapt the planet to our needs like we do), or not make the situation worse why should we not at least try?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Ultimately, even if this is a temporary spike, over a 50-200 year time scale, it very likely that it will be extremely detrimental to human life as we know it in the next 50-80 years, not to mention the rest of the planet, and if we have the ability push it the other way (using tech to adapt the planet to our needs like we do), or not make the situation worse why should we not at least try?
        This is what I find crazy, by at least trying we are creating jobs and new technologies and therefor even economically its beneficial. The worst part though is that the earth will be fine at the end of this, the only thing we are doing is killing ourselves.

Comment

What in the what?!?!?!?

john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            lol this manmade climate change bs is so gay and I can't believe people still buy it

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

lol this manmade climate change bs is so gay and I can't believe people still buy it
              But you know, the climate Czar of the US is helping keep a small carbon footprint. You know, lead by example?

His climate czar, the Bay State’s own John Kerry, is a high-class polluter. Fox News is reporting Kerry’s private family jet emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon since Biden took offi…
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Did you deduce that from the article or preconceived notions?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Preconceived
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

LOL! Gotta read the article!

It’s one of the paradoxes of global warming. Burning coal or gasoline releases the greenhouse gases that drive climate change. But it also lofts pollution particles that reflect sunlight and cool the planet, offsetting a fraction of the warming. Now, however, as pollution-control technologies spread, both the noxious clouds and their silver lining are starting to dissipate.

Using an array of satellite observations, researchers have found that the climatic influence of global air pollution has dropped by up to 30% from 2000 levels. Although this is welcome news for public health—airborne fine particles, or aerosols, are believed to kill several million people per year—it is bad news for global warming. The cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%, estimates Johannes Quaas, a climate scientist at Leipzig University and lead author of the study. And as air pollution continues to be curbed, he says, “There is a lot more of this to come.”
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

But you know, the climate Czar of the US is helping keep a small carbon footprint. You know, lead by example?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/07...om-family-jet/
                      This one too....

With President Biden in town today on a climate change mission, will this come up?

His climate czar, the Bay State’s own John Kerry, is a high-class polluter. Fox News is reporting Kerry’s private family jet emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon since Biden took office.

That, says U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan, is “smug” and “hypocritical” all while Kerry’s climate moves are “hammering middle-class families.”
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

LOL! Gotta read the article!
                        I read it when you posted it! It just adds lol

Comment

Just how much this declining reflectivity has boosted recent warming is hard to quantify, says Stuart Jenkins, a doctoral student at the University of Oxford who is also studying the aerosol decline. In forthcoming work, Jenkins will show there’s just too much natural variability in the past 20 years to pick out the effect of clearer skies.

Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says.
                          Scientists are still saying that our co2 emissions remain a culprit of global warming. This article isn't evidence against manmade climate change and therefore not an excuse to abandon pollution clean up or stop improving green energy capture.
                          My Feedback

Comment

My opinion is still that climate changes are way too complicated chaos theory that could be modelled with our current scientific capacity. We cannot even predict weather reliably even it is many magnitudes easier computational task.

And our statistics about climate are way too short compared to the whole history of earth to actually predict anything.

So there is not proper "science" behind the claims that it is human made co2 that surely or even likely causes the current local phenomena like hot weather or dryness. Just politics and media hyperbola which sells!

When said that, we should reduce pollution. Renewal fuels & energy sources should be developed more and stop dumping shit to nature & seas. If we don't, we'll die swimming in plastic shit and various poisonous substances.

Comment

^
                              The science is settled we are all contributing to the climate emergency and we all must stop doing anything that uses any kind of fossil fuels...... The world is on the cusp of a mass exctinon event and its all the fault of all the rich western white people.

There did I get that right this time guys??????

In all seriousness you have a very realistic and normal viewpoint, I have espoused the same for the last 2 decades, and I agree with you in totality
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                ^
                                The science is settled we are all contributing to the climate emergency and we all must stop doing anything that uses any kind of fossil fuels...... The world is on the cusp of a mass exctinon event and its all the fault of all the rich western white people.

Very nice.

California is out here trying to ban the sale of any new gasoline car after 2035, yet our power grid still sucks ass. Yesterday they were like don't charge your EV and try not to use the AC.

When I work on my comp during a heat wave, I'm constantly saving over and over again in fear of the random 1 second blackouts looooool.

Comment

Working...
                                X