Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

What I can't stand is being force fed the will of special interests, that are bankrupting this country, and that do not nearly reflect the will or the wants of the majority of us regular people who are out here scrapping just to get by.
    Don't forget the government itself is a special interest. D or R, you're unlikely to protest your job isn't necessary and needs to be eliminated.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I don't think you understand the system.

People vote for pre-selected candidates who take office and then make choices for their constituents based on a variety of reasons. If the constituents don't like said choices they can choose to vote for another candidate at the end of the term.
      I don't like such system.

For example, if I'm allowed to elect a new boss of the company that I work for, I may elect not a person who wants the company to prosper, I may elect a person who will allow me to work little, but who will pay a lot.
      Otherwise, my bosses decide what is better for the company, I can share my ideas, they may accept them or not.

Comment

Link, NPR: At $11 Billion And Counting, Trump's Border Wall Will Be The World's Most Expensive

News story from today, good 5 minute listen. They get into details and it will make you very mad, though.

Trump's wall is costing $20 million dollars per mile. .... so, when do we get that check from Mexico? What a sick joke.
        Last edited by phillipj; 01-17-2020, 06:29 PM.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Link, NPR: At $11 Billion And Counting, Trump's Border Wall Will Be The World's Most Expensive

News story from today, good 5 minute listen. They get into details and it will make you very mad, though.

Trump's wall is costing $20 million dollars per mile. .... so, when do we get that check from Mexico? What a sick joke.
          Come on, are you suggesting, a politician lied about the funding mechanism for a project and also the cost of the project?

I don't believe you. This never happens in government.

I have a joke for you:

"The government in this country is excellent, and uses your tax dollars efficiently."

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Come on, are you suggesting, a politician lied about the funding mechanism for a project and also the cost of the project?
            I don't believe you. This never happens in government.
            I have a joke for you:
            "The government in this country is excellent, and uses your tax dollars efficiently."
            The only thing I was suggesting was that it was an informative news story. You don't hear a lot about the Wall these days as so much air has been sucked out of the room due to impeachment, Iran, the upcoming election, and general chaos on all levels.

Further-- I think that the design is actually to sew chaos and misunderstanding on all levels and to underfund or mismanage specifically so that someone like Trump or right-wing politicians can run on the Reagan adage "Government is the problem." All while funneling impossible amounts of the people's money to rich special interests. It's a scam.

Comment

The only thing I was suggesting was that it was an informative news story. You don't hear a lot about the Wall these days as so much air has been sucked out of the room due to impeachment, Iran, the upcoming election, and general chaos on all levels.

Further-- I think that the design is actually to sew chaos and misunderstanding on all levels and to underfund or mismanage specifically so that someone like Trump or right-wing politicians can run on the Reagan adage "Government is the problem." All while funneling impossible amounts of the people's money to rich special interests. It's a scam.
              I'm really not trying to be condescending, but it sounds like you have just recently started following politics. Next you'll tell me an administration does things like release bad news or poor reports on Friday afternoon or over the weekend so they don't get picked up on the regular news cycle.

And here is another tip for you, the Cheetoh is a tragic, national disaster..........but Rs, Ds, White House, House, Senate, down to your local elections, they all do this.

We have career politicians telling us, that even though they haven't fixed anything in 3+ decades, if you just give them more time and more power they promise they will do whatever is in YOUR best interests.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I've been following along with the impeachment trial, on radio in the background sometimes when I'm doing computer work; today is one of those. Ugh.

I'm not so sure Trump ever had to pull investigations off with Ukraine on Burisma and the Bidens; in some weird game of three-dimensional chess, now that it is coming up in the Impeachment trial it's doing the major damage he wanted all along. I'm all for removing Trump from office, but it's fishy that of all the things you could legitimately go after him for, it was only when it involved a politician of their own.

Comment

The day democracy died?

Is a trial with no witnesses, documents, testimony, or evidence allowed still a trial? Talk about kangaroo court.

Comment

No words

Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Do you need remedial reading classes Sleeve? The question marks at the end of sentences indicates a question, not a statement. Not to mention your reply is a ad hominem, which is usually the first response when someone doesn't have an actual response.

If you'd like to share your actual thoughts and opinion I'd love to read it. And converse about it.

Comment

To thoughtfully respond - I think looking at Lisa Murkowski's statement is pretty sad & alarming. I don't agree with her not wanting to call witnesses, but I do see her statement as, sadly, very honest. What does anyone think about this? Is she wrong or only half right?

Originally posted by Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
                        ... I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate. I don't believe the continuation of this process will change anything. It is sad for me to admit that, as an institution, the Congress has failed. We are sadly at a low point of division in this country.
                        full statement

Comment

As many have said from the beginning, this is going to go nowhere, except waste months and tens of millions of dollars.

The Democrats knew it would amount to nothing.

What do you think the next "Crisis" will be, so they won't do anything the rest of the year?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

^The next crisis will be trying to throw Trump out for the next 4 years if he is re-elected. Otherwise they will throw Greta Thunberg back on stage and give crocodile tears for her lost childhood. If not that, then it will be back to "but more gun control for the children!"

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              As many have said from the beginning, this is going to go nowhere, except waste months and tens of millions of dollars.

The Democrats knew it would amount to nothing.

What do you think the next "Crisis" will be, so they won't do anything the rest of the year?
                              Yes, going nowhere, but I don't exactly agree-- they were pretty close to getting Bolton to testify & that would've completely changed the game. They were so close. Because under careful questioning you're not just going to get details on the 'drug deal' in the Ukraine, they'll ask what else was going on that's even worse? And U-kraine becomes No-kraine. They'd expose the "drug deals" with the Saudis and with Israel, who knows what else. I feel the impeachment items are really just the tip of the Iceberg for Trump; the corruption is far deeper.
                              Last edited by phillipj; 02-07-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Raising a beer to Trump 2020. Though I continue to try to be active and fight silly dem policies at the local level, if we can keep them from being elected before they get the chance to grow, this is the best bet to turn our country around for the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X