Forum is painfully slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum is painfully slow

lately this forum has been getting slower and slower. Pages constantly hang and its a battle to even post a reply before you're kicked out for "inactivity". Its become so clunky that I fear new comers will not hang around or persist with it.
    Is it a memory thing? is the server full?
    Boris - 89 E30 325i
    84- E30 323i

It is really slow for me as well. Sometimes better but mostly the lag of loading threads and sending messages or uploading photos to build threads.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Something definitely changed- as of late I can barely log in due to timeouts.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

It's almost unusable. It's really bad now, but to be honest it's been annoyingly slow for years now. As you said, hard to see why any newcomers would stay or why any older members would come back.

I know it's been said plenty of times, but this forum needs a new host/platform badly. I'm apart of other automotive forums that have a good host/platform and they are alive and well with activity (https://wranglertjforum.com/ for example, using the xenforo platform).
        Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

I was gonna post asking if the forum has been slow for others, I guess it has. For me this only started recently, not sure why when all other websites etc work normally.

Comment

Yes, I've been having issues as well. Sometimes it doesn't even load at all and it comes up on my PC as an untrusted site. I know there have been incidents of OG accounts being hacked, mine included.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Last time this lasted for months before it got fixed, it happening during the holidays is probably going to slow down the fix. I hope r3v doesn't become another E30tech, owner/admin loses interest and doesn't care enough to pass the site to others who still care about it, but I have been archiving information a lot more ever since that happened.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Like root canal!!!!!!! Admin needs a reboot.

Comment

Spammer
                  Last edited by Panici; 01-04-2024, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Agreed. I just joined and even in a general Google search, it’s reeeeeally slow. Great resource. Hope it doesn’t fall apart. I just got here to use!

cgeers
                    dave

Comment

Noticed this over the holidays. Thought it was my computer at home, but PC at the office is doing the same thing.

Agree that it's bordering on unusable now.

I sent James an email this morning, just in case he wasn't already aware.

Comment

good man!
                        Boris - 89 E30 325i
                        84- E30 323i

Comment

All I know is we need to keep this forum alive. Many of us depend on it for usable information and searches....unlike FB which in my opinion is a waste of time:). This forum is the reason I got into
                          e30 restorations!:)
                          jm

Comment

Running great this morning!
                            EDIT: moderately slow again :(
                            Last edited by mikey.antonakakis; 01-04-2024, 03:53 PM.

Comment

yeh can confirm its pretty fast right now, someone has done something. Emma Watson catalogue cleared out perhaps? Still a bit slow posting a comment but its better

Edit: yeh its still not fixed, still pretty bad
                              Last edited by bangn; 01-05-2024, 06:59 PM.
                              Boris - 89 E30 325i
                              84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
                              X