X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRON-E
    replied
    See you around Terry, I guess not all of us grow out of our e30s.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
    You mean my 72 El Camino?
    Yea. El Camino means the road... I think... lol

Hows the E30 collection looking now that the race car is gone and the daily is now gone ? Whats hiding in the garage corner?

Leave a comment:

• QUKBMER
    replied
    You mean my 72 El Camino?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Hopefully Archie will have a gtg at some point and you can bring "the road" to the shows

Leave a comment:

• QUKBMER
    replied
    Hey guys its been along time since i have been on here. I am actually bowing out from the E30 seen. My dad is going to purchase my car from me soon because he needs a car. Its been a nice ride with you guys here in the E30 community. Peace out !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    who?
    Dkeeperzzz by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    got two quotes from the PDR guys. both said they could get it about 85-90% complete... One was $150-$300, the other was $350. I'm meeting up with the original person I spoke with (DentPro) in the morning. I hope it goes well...

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Word., any wiggle room on price?

Leave a comment:

• glnr13
    replied
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post

So is it a rebuilt clean title? or mechanically restored?
    i think he titled it poorly, it's mechanically restored AND it has a clean title. not "rebuilt clean title". I hit him up for clarity, i'll post back in a bit.

edit: i just talked to him, didn't word that right. it's 2 separate thoughts. It's mechanically restored and it has a clean title.
    Last edited by glnr13; 09-27-2019, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
    my buddy is selling his e36 vert, spread the word:
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...985238367.html
    So is it a rebuilt clean title? or mechanically restored?

Leave a comment:

• glnr13
    replied
    my buddy is selling his e36 vert, spread the word:
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...985238367.html

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Thanks Randy, I will give them a shot. J&J definitely seems like a joke

Leave a comment:

• randywalters
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Rant:
    One of the places, Jim & Jacks, is right next to my work so I discuss bringing the car in to them, but the guy never gets back to me about a time to drop it off. I just call them and ask if I can just drop it off and come back later. She says it will only take 15 minutes, so I ask if I can just bring it now and be done in 15 minutes. Well, their system is down so she cant right now. This reminds me that they previously told me to bring the car in and they later declined because an E30 isnt in their "database" so I ask if we're just wasting time, and she agrees. Then I pause and ask about a PDR because it seems all of these shops assume I want PAINT, when I requested PAINTLESS... she says, oh we have a great PDR guy. I ask if he's based out of Huntington Beach, and she says " No, he's mobile" ... well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...
    Jim and Jacks is difficult to deal with - and they don't do good work either ( i live a half mile west of them). My insurance company sent me there when i got rear-ended and i had to have them redo the work - and it still wasn't fixed right. The locals here tend to shy away from them.

A great body shop is El Segundo Auto Body on El Segundo Blvd (near Nevada st i think). They repaired my E39 dented rocker panel for 1/3 of what i was quoted by J&J, and everybody i've sent there liked the work and prices.

Anyone have a good PDR guy who isnt this guy Mike from Dent Masters? I think Im going to just drive down to him and show him the car in person since he didnt seem too thrilled about driving to me to fix the dent.
    Many years ago David Gillman of Dent Pro removed some difficult dents that a few other guys said they would not be able to do. When he was done i literally could not tell where they were. https://www.dentprola.com/about/

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    who dis?
    Busted by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
    I have a spare rear subframe! Needs bushings and junk but I replaced it with the garagistic adjustable one. Please get it out of my garage!
    too late! sorry, got a subframe and trailing arms over the weekend :D

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

How funny, you sold me your original subframe. If you already have an adjustable one, what more can you do to it?
    I know, the irony. I thought about that too... well, I need to replace my trailing arm bushings and subframe bushings, and wanted to reinforce the diff mounts and trailing arms, and want to clearance the subframe for a better fitting dual exhaust, and don't want to pull parts off the car making it undriveable, so here we are

Leave a comment:

Working...
X