• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

Hahahaha!
    I called him and he said he probably cant get it 100% and is worried about the paint cracking... but we're still going to try and connect Saturday morning. I will let you know on Friday when I confirm time/ place to see if you want to join

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Rant:

Well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...

/ rant
    Hahahaha!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Rant:

What a pain...

The highly recommended PDR guy (from Mike36 and a few others ) doesnt think he can pull the dent based on the 3 pics I sent him.

So I submit a request on Yelp to get some bids on PDR people. I get a few responses and pretty much everyone wants to see the car (understandable).

One of the places, Jim & Jacks, is right next to my work so I discuss bringing the car in to them, but the guy never gets back to me about a time to drop it off. I just call them and ask if I can just drop it off and come back later. She says it will only take 15 minutes, so I ask if I can just bring it now and be done in 15 minutes. Well, their system is down so she cant right now. This reminds me that they previously told me to bring the car in and they later declined because an E30 isnt in their "database" so I ask if we're just wasting time, and she agrees. Then I pause and ask about a PDR because it seems all of these shops assume I want PAINT, when I requested PAINTLESS... she says, oh we have a great PDR guy. I ask if he's based out of Huntington Beach, and she says " No, he's mobile" ... well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...

/ rant

Anyone have a good PDR guy who isnt this guy Mike from Dent Masters? I think Im going to just drive down to him and show him the car in person since he didnt seem too thrilled about driving to me to fix the dent.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    anyone have a spare rear subframe kicking around?
    How funny, you sold me your original subframe. If you already have an adjustable one, what more can you do to it?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Anyone on the west side with a good PDR guy? Had a recommended one say he wouldnt pull my dent. Will also need someone to detail the car again after this, maybe a place that can do both?

Leave a comment:

• WestCoastEta
    replied
    I have a spare rear subframe! Needs bushings and junk but I replaced it with the garagistic adjustable one. Please get it out of my garage!

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

My buddy will want to get rid of his spare soon. He needs an extra set of hands help installing the replacement one. Im sure if you helped pitch in the price would be stupid ... especially since part of the diff mount is MIA lol
    hook me up. the sooner I get it the sooner I do more crazy chopping and welding and then post photos

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    My buddy will want to get rid of his spare soon. He needs an extra set of hands help installing the replacement one. Im sure if you helped pitch in the price would be stupid ... especially since part of the diff mount is MIA lol

Leave a comment:

• Sh3rpak!ng
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    A simple google search wasn't good enough? I wouldn't imagine many e30 owners are the prime clientele for wraps, so no surprise they're no help.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    #FUCKR3V can help you lol

Leave a comment:

• VynnaD
    replied
    Anyone know someone who wraps near Oside for a decent price?I asked on facebook but everyone gave me dead ends.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by phillipj View Post

For sure, PM me, also if you are still interested in the radios, say something anytime. Haven't had time to put an ad up.

To anyone else, looking for a reliable mechanic in the area to do what I don't have time for right now (troubleshoot my cooling system issue; probably my rear struts in the near future.) I left all my big tools back in Chicago while Im out here for work, unfortunately.
    I kept creeping towards overheating and the problem wasn't apparent. Everything looked good. Took the smart route and rented a car so I didn't do any damage, and did the least expensive, easiest fix first: Thermostat. So crazy that was the issue. Mine went bad and wasn't opening. Thermostat costs ~$20 and it's about a 25 minute swap, most time spent cleaning the housing up nicely and being careful about catching coolant.

Sunday wrenching FTW.

Leave a comment:

• yamikuro
    commented on 's reply
    Just sent Pm
    Last edited by yamikuro; 09-15-2019, 10:40 PM.

• glnr13
    replied
    anyone interested in an e23? $200 it's in highland park. unknown when it was last run, still has coolant, oil wasn't milky. good for the m30 at the very least.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X