X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by DatUtahGuy View Post
    Decided to dust off the old username and password... not even in the e30 game anymore... want to buy one but the bubble is bubbly and I refuse to pay bubble prices so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Steal one, they're not that complicated

Leave a comment:

• DatUtahGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by AceAndrew777 View Post
    Neat show coming up in Orange County. Going to take my boys and a handful of Northrop interns....
    BMW Takes Flight 2022 Event Hub | Lyon Air Museum
    It seems you have to be a member of the BMWCCA to register your car for the show... lame

Leave a comment:

• DatUtahGuy
    replied
    Decided to dust off the old username and password... not even in the e30 game anymore... want to buy one but the bubble is bubbly and I refuse to pay bubble prices so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leave a comment:

• AceAndrew777
    replied
    Neat show coming up in Orange County. Going to take my boys and a handful of Northrop interns....
    BMW Takes Flight 2022 Event Hub | Lyon Air Museum

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

It's running and driving and I do enjoy it. It has either a bad head gasket or a warped head. It's not problematic because it's a Frankenstein motor, it's problematic because of a bad part.

But yeah I am in Riverside/Moreno Valley too
    Hiccups., I always liked the Frankenstein idea, but foreseen issues is why I straid away from that move. I'm sure you'll get to live HEA once you figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Buy s50 or s52, rebuild/reseal it, then install and live HEA.
    Our resident e30 buddy (Chilezen) up there, has done another frankenstein type 24v build and still isn't enjoying his swap to it's full potential because of hiccups.

Good luck on your choice.
    It's running and driving and I do enjoy it. It has either a bad head gasket or a warped head. It's not problematic because it's a Frankenstein motor, it's problematic because of a bad part.

But yeah I am in Riverside/Moreno Valley too

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Buy s50 or s52, rebuild/reseal it, then install and live HEA.
    Our resident e30 buddy (Chilezen) up there, has done another frankenstein type 24v build and still isn't enjoying his swap to it's full potential because of hiccups.

Good luck on your choice.

Leave a comment:

• OSAH racing
    replied
    Shop recomendations, Someday when I have time I will do a Project thread on here but for now I will get to the point of this writing. Last Summer I picked up a 1991 318 Sedan , I call him Cisco. Its a track day car and I intended to use him for that and AX. Unfortunately after one AX and my first time using him I decided to change the oil and found Silver sludge in the oil and some small metal chips in the filter. I could go here about how pissed I am to pay too much for a supposed refreshed engine ( M50 block, S52 head, 1500 miles since refresh before I bought it). the reality is I love the car and the way it drives and I did not check the oil before I made the purchase. The skid plate blocks the oil pan drain.

I have a oil analysis kit but really what's the point when I know I need the bottom end redone. Here is what I have in mind. S50 or S52 block and rotating assembly with my S52 head and use the stock exhaust and smog equipment to eventually get a BAR sticker. It's Ciscos destiny to be a dual use car.

I am Inland empire.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I need a Car of the Month lol

Hows yours? Running Driving? Want to be COTM?
    Honestly man, is running even a requirement at this point?

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    sup

bout to head to yosemite for the weekend.
    Because that went so well last time

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    not much.

Bwahahahaa, we'll talk soon.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    sup

bout to head to yosemite for the weekend. My finally 5 days of my 20s

What's up with you dawg.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    not much.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Sup sup sup

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    My buddy use to track his s5x with stock calipers and Hawk pads (track use) and never had a problem braking.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I tracked my M52B28 at Big Willow and Buttonwillow and didnt have an issue with the brakes at either track. Get some fresh fluid in there and have at it. If they cook, you're using them too much lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X