Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: driveshaft. I bought a rebuilt unit online, I didn't wanna deal with the extra work of dissembling it to replace the CSB. Worth it in my opinion. I don't recall a metal disc you're referring to. Replace the CSB, that's your grinding sound.

Re: fan clutch. You can borrow my giant 32mm wrench. I've never used the little holder thingy on the pump, I just held onto the belt. I might have used a hammer at the end of the wrench to wack the nut loose. It takes longer to wiggle the wrench onto the nut than to loosen it, lol

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Csb replacement is super easy with a 3 arm bearing puller. Mark a straight line on the front and back end of the driveshaft before you break them apart so that you you can put them back together balanced.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Violet88 View Post
        Quick question that im hoping one of you guys can answer. My center support bearing is shot and I plan on replacing it along with the guibo. There is this metal damper? Disc? Where the guibo attaches to the transmission. My question is, is it necessary to have? Pros cons of removing it, I noticed before I started hearing a loud thumping and vibrating that shifting into second & fourth gear id hear some metal scraping against something and I suspect it may be that damper disk? Thanks guys

Harmonic balancer. Useless. Remove it before your shifter selector rod starts grinding against it.

Comment

35k?!

Comment

Cracksmoker that wants someone to pay for it.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Does anyone know of a reputable upholstery shop in San Diego that won't take forever and does quality work? Im trying to get the door panels and seats redone on my e30.
              First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                Does anyone know of a reputable upholstery shop in San Diego that won't take forever and does quality work? Im trying to get the door panels and seats redone on my e30.
                Not in Sandi Ego, but in L.A. you could have my brother do it for you. PM me and I'll send you some pics of his work.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

exhaust shop

any exhaust shops in OC/LA area? I need some work done.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Its been pretty quiet in here without Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        Its been pretty quiet in here without Simon.
                        Im here bruh!...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Im here bruh!...
                          Sup esay?

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            Sup esay?
                            not much, slowly starting to collect the parts to build a 2.8 M20. Hoping to get my garage setup with power soon so I can get down with it, but for now its just getting the new place settled in and organized

also, we went and saw Aubrey & the Migos at the Forum the other night. it was quite cloudy in there and the music... meh.

we need to hit another concert together soon
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              not much, slowly starting to collect the parts to build a 2.8 M20. Hoping to get my garage setup with power soon so I can get down with it, but for now its just getting the new place settled in and organized

also, we went and saw Aubrey & the Migos at the Forum the other night. it was quite cloudy in there and the music... meh.

we need to hit another concert together soon
                              Mos def! Had a chance to see the remaining members of Nirvana (aka Foo fighters) Garbage & Iggy pop a couple of weekends ago. Didnt get a chance to check out the other stages and missed a few other bands. But yeah Simon, let's see what events are coming up and we'll link up and get some bomb food afterwards.

Hopefully my car is finally done come the end of this weekend.

Comment

Anyone going to Radwood LA on December 2nd? Its at the Peterson Museum, last year it was legit as fook so hopefully this year will be better. There was a good turnout of e30s and other classic Germans too. Me and my stupid car will be there for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X