Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send me the vin and I can get you a CarFax for free. Pm me..

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      I'm in the process of this right now.

First thing, you can check to see if the car is stolen/has a salvage title/etc by looking it up in one of the databases listed here (they all have different prices from $2-$15 dollars):
      The smaller images are in alphabetical order and in no way is meant to indicate a preference of one provider over another. 

Alternately, I would have the seller go to the DMV or AAA and fill out the paperwork there. They have access to the DMV computers and can do most transactions with a much shorter wait time. They will also be able to tell you if there is a lien on the car and if it's a salvage title. All you would need is the VIN, License Plate number, and the current registered owner with ID.

For the car to be legally sold, you will need to fill out CA REG 262 (VEHICLE/VESSEL TRANSFER AND REASSIGNMENT FORM), it is the yellow form and is only available at the DMV/AAA due to a watermark on the back. The DMV does not recognize any other forms as legitimate bills of sale. DMV/AAA should be able to explain how to fill out the form. The essential part is that the seller signs Section 4.

To replace the title, you will need to fill out CA REG 227 (APPLICATION FOR PAPERLESS OR DUPLICATE TITLE), it is the pink form. You will fill it out stating the title is lost and that the seller wants to sell the car to you. The essential part is that the seller signs Section 3 (lost Title) and Section 4 (selling the car to you).

Lemme know if you have any questions!
      This is why I love r3v. Went to AAA and they got me both of those forms. Got the owner to fill them out and now my title is on the way :)

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
        This is why I love r3v. Went to AAA and they got me both of those forms. Got the owner to fill them out and now my title is on the way :)
        Lucky you. I still have to wait for all my papers to get signed :down:
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Now that its pretty much yours, we need pics Steven
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Who's else (besides MacGyver and I) is going to RadWood this Sunday?

I've entered/registered my Peugeot and have never been MORE excited for a car show.

Also- found out today that my coworker/cubicle neighbor at work is going, and his buddy is one of the dude's who founded the event.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I have a San Lorrenzo, Berkeley, and Martinez friends coming. Probably all meeting in Berkeley. So if anyone else in the East Bay wants to meet and roll together, that would be Rad[wood].
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

I have a San Lorrenzo, Berkeley, and Martinez friends coming. Probably all meeting in Berkeley. So if anyone else in the East Bay wants to meet and roll together, that would be Rad[wood].
                Gotta talk to my girlfriend. I agreed to walk with her and Playstation in the Pride parade, so depending on what time that is, I may be able to make it.
                1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                  Gotta talk to my girlfriend. I agreed to walk with her and Playstation in the Pride parade, so depending on what time that is, I may be able to make it.
                  Did you name your dog Playstation or something?
                  sigpic

Comment

I’ll probably be there, might be with my wife and baby. Probably not taking my car.

Sina, who from DWA does your coworker know?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      I’ll probably be there, might be with my wife and baby. Probably not taking my car.

Sina, who from DWA does your coworker know?
                      I think his name is Rich, or Rick? I'm yet to meet him.

Hope you, the lady and the little one are doing well!

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Did you name your dog Playstation or something?
                        Hah. Nope, girlfriend works for Playstation in Sunnyvale.
                        2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                        2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Nice seeing a lot of you guys at Radwood today. Had a great time, except for my Peugeot developing a frustrating misfire which I have to now troubleshoot. Also super sunburned and exhausted haha.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Alright, I have some extra time for the next two weeks while looking for a new job. Time to get some work done on the slicktop!
                            2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                            2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Nice seeing a lot of you guys at Radwood today. Had a great time, except for my Peugeot developing a frustrating misfire which I have to now troubleshoot. Also super sunburned and exhausted haha.

bummer about the misfire, but glad we got to mob around before that happened haha

also, dat laguna d0e bruhh got dam

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                                also, dat laguna d0e bruhh got dam
                                Yeah, my coupe really made his vert look nice!

Oh, and I forgot sunscreen on my face. Life is painful right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X