2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Seems like a fairly accurate vehicle considering he lives in San Fran now. Go cruise through the Castro, lol.

Comment

and you can fit 4 dudes in it
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
            Seems like a fairly accurate vehicle considering he lives in San Fran now.
            I lol'd
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              Get a VW cabriolet :rofl:
              Definitely the gayest car ever.
              -Peter
              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
              '91 318is slicktop project
              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
              '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                I actually hadn't really thought of selling it until driving home the other night and some guy yells out the window "Hey, nice car! Would you think about selling it?"

At 1am in near pitch black he offered me more than 2 grand over what I paid and it got me thinking. I wouldn't sell it for that little since I've got a bit of cash in it, but if I could move it for $6-7k more than I paid, what sort of car could I get. And limiting myself to convertibles that are somewhat sporty, it's a short list. And since getting the TR I've missed being able to fill up the car and take people out, I sold the 900 before I really had friends down here to utilize a 4 seat vert.

I recommend a Saab 900 turbo convertible. Lol.
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  ^uhhhhh...
                  What?

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    "Dangerous"?
                    Yes.. do you really want a loose license plate flying around your car during an accident or sudden braking, etc.?

The only reason its required is for lasing speeds and for red light cameras. Police have even said they dont need it anymore for Lasing because the laser speed detectors have advanced far enough along.
                    no arguing here. I was very involved with the last No Front Plate initiative in Washington state and am quite familiar with the related RCW's, and the organizations/groups/government entities who are against the removal of a front plate requirement in Washington. I don't see what this has to do with the discussion here though ;)

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    Its also illegal to cut up you license plate in any way. I wonder if they can ticket you for having it off center on the bumper. Say on a towhook location?
                    the laws refer to the front plate being at the front of the car, and not too close to the ground. It can be off-center.

and yes, cutting up your plate, modifying it in any way, or covering it up so any lettering is blocked, is illegal.

Now.. whether a cop decides to pull you over for any of this at all is up to the individual. It's mostly used as an excuse to ask you other questions.. but every now and then you get someone whose sole mission in life is ticket people for not running a front plate.

meh.. sorry for bringing back the old topic
                    Last edited by rootrider; 11-20-2013, 03:44 PM.
                    -Joel-
                    PNWfahren Regional Car Enthusiast Community - my photos
                    1995 M3 || 2009 VW SportWagen TDI || 2004 530i sport

Comment

I friggin hate not having a heater this time of year.
                      Too cold and im too old for this shit.
                      Anyone have an old heater valve laying around?
                      Stealership wants $200+ for one. :/

I will throw in a partial trade for a case of brewskis. lol.
                      sigpic
                      Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I do 50% off dealer price.....btw they are backordered for months
                        Originally posted by bmwm42
                        PNW vulture pm me for parts
                        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I'm thinking of not painting my car hennarot and going Sahara beige, I just don't think cardinal would look good with henna. I'm starting to think it's more rare than hennarot I can't find any pics online except my old 318, and one other eurocar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            I'm thinking of not painting my car hennarot and going Sahara beige, I just don't think cardinal would look good with henna. I'm starting to think it's more rare than hennarot I can't find any pics online except my old 318, and one other eurocar.
                            There is a reason Sahara beige is rare

Comment

Lol yea don't do bronzit 1/2, get something cool like zobelbrun, vulkangrau, arktisblau, opelgrun, etc

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Lol yea don't do bronzit 1/2, get something cool like zobelbrun, vulkangrau, arktisblau, opelgrun, etc

I'm not sure what all of those are but I think a few are metallic and I don't want any metallic,i plan on shooting it myself and being a first paint job I want something that's going to make my fuck ups less noticeable. I really like the Sahara my second e30 was that color, granted I was 17, paid 200 dollars for the pile but I liked the color

Comment

Working...
                                X