Always knew you were a dick :p
    Suck a dick, Will :up:

Jk. But damn that guy is salty lol
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

its true what he said why run you mouth and all and then back out at the last second. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles move from a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles dude I guess
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
        Suck a dick, Will :up:

Jk. But damn that guy is salty lol

Meh - I am having issues already with a part I shipped to Europe. The address on his Paypal profile was wonky, and now he's freaking out because it got routed to Latvia first, but now is being routed to him in Denmark.

So done with selling stuff outside eBay. At least there, it's you get your money, you ship it to the address they have on the transaction, and you move on with your life. Sure the fee's are atrocious, but at least as a seller you get some piece of mind.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          I just want to point out that these numbers are wrong. the S54 is about 478lbs, not 326lbs.. and there's no way an M42 is only 220lbs, it's well over 300.. (looks like these weights are from the bimmerforums FAQ, but those are short block weights - not a complete engine). from the engine weights thread, it was 427lbs with the transmission, and the getrag isn't all that heavy - around 75lbs. actually as far as power to weight ratio, the M42 doesn't look so great.

the M42 is great in a stock 318is, but I agree that it's a waste of time to modify. $6,000 for 200whp? maybe? man, you'd get better return on your $ modding an M20. or just maintain your M42 and make your car into something other than a gutted out POS.
          Yea I couldn't be assed to find fully dressed weights, but I figured they would be close one way or another by the time you added accessories/etc. It's not worth the money invested, TBH.
          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Meh - I am having issues already with a part I shipped to Europe. The address on his Paypal profile was wonky, and now he's freaking out because it got routed to Latvia first, but now is being routed to him in Denmark.

So done with selling stuff outside eBay. At least there, it's you get your money, you ship it to the address they have on the transaction, and you move on with your life. Sure the fee's are atrocious, but at least as a seller you get some piece of mind.
            Ebay is good for buyer piece of mind too, honestly. I just got a knockoff Galaxy S6 that was advertised as the real thing, it took an hour or so of tinkering to figure out that it really was a fake. Pretty convincing too.

Fortunately I bought on eBay and not Craigslist.
            sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
              Ebay is good for buyer piece of mind too, honestly. I just got a knockoff Galaxy S6 that was advertised as the real thing, it took an hour or so of tinkering to figure out that it really was a fake. Pretty convincing too.

Fortunately I bought on eBay and not Craigslist.
              I agree as well.. Then you don't have to deal with all the "sending money as a gift" and no tracking/buyer protection..etc.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

djjerme, got the diff all cleaned up and installed yesterday. Thanks for the great price!

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                  djjerme, got the diff all cleaned up and installed yesterday. Thanks for the great price!
                  No problem!

If you get bored, feel free to leave some feedback.. :)
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Anyone know who's m50 non vanos I bought from Jerold lowes shop?

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                      Yea I couldn't be assed to find fully dressed weights, but I figured they would be close one way or another by the time you added accessories/etc. It's not worth the money invested, TBH.
                      there's a thread on r3v dedicated to engine weights - including actual engines being weighed on scales and BMW quoted figures. if you search for BMW engine weights on google you'll probably find it.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        there's a thread on r3v dedicated to engine weights - including actual engines being weighed on scales and BMW quoted figures. if you search for BMW engine weights on google you'll probably find it.
                        I mean, I wasn't trying to get too in-depth, mostly just supporting the idea that Toes isn't being very smart by dumping ~$6k into an M42. But, I may check for that just as a personal fyi.
                        sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
                          Anyone know who's m50 non vanos I bought from Jerold lowes shop?
                          anything special about it? the engine from my e34 the guy never ended up using it I think, and I sold it a year ago. it had a metallic teal valve cover.

agreed on eBay. beware though, if the package is over about 75-80lbs they wont send it overseas, I believe a LSD diff I was shipping to a European buyer eBay just disposed of and refunded the buyer - I still got a good price on selling it though

I have so much to do on my car before even worrying about the engine... I have a giant list of things that need R&R'd before the picnic: blower motor, wiper linkage, rear subframe, struts/springs, sports seats need some work... its going to be a busy Spring!!!

I got ST 318i springs BNIB in the garage, going to buy some Bilstein black touring shocks and run that until I am ready for coilovers, then swap the bilsteins over to my 325is. the black touring bilsteins Ive had on several different BMWs, often with lowering springs, and I was always impressed by the ride quality for the price.
                          Last edited by 5Toes; 02-16-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            agreed on eBay. beware though, if the package is over about 75-80lbs they wont send it overseas, I believe a LSD diff I was shipping to a European buyer eBay just disposed of and refunded the buyer - I still got a good price on selling it though
                            I am really confused as to what you are saying here;

You sold an LSD.

eBay threw it away and gave the buyer back their money.

You made money selling it.

There are many holes in this story.
                            sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              anything special about it? the engine from my e34 the guy never ended up using it I think, and I sold it a year ago. it had a metallic teal valve cover.

Fully rebuilt with 40k on it, dyno tuned ecu with 168whp. Forgot who he said rebuilt and tuned itit (pro 3 guy) but it has perfect leak down and compression. Got it for a steal, new alternator and starter as well.

The guy I purchased it from was Blair. Never met him, dealt with Jerold the entire dea but it worked it great.. Realized how legit some sellers can be and on the other hand.... How some sellers can be dog shit.
                              I have stories upon stories of r3v jackasses. I once borrowed a truck, rented a flat bed trailer, and drove 2 hours to Seattleto meet a forum member named Robert to buy his lot of parts. $1000 worth. After great communication the entire time, he started getting super shady once I told him I was arriving in Seattle with the trailer and needed to know where exactly to go. He didn't respond for about 2 hours, had some story about how he got robbed and beat up that morning.

Long story short, we agreed to meet the next day or asap. Robert texted me the next day saying he sold everything to someone else. What a kick to the dick that was! Took off work, rented a trailer and filled my brothers truck up with fuel. I lost over 300 bucks that day and more importantly, I lost a lot of respect for the young r3v community.

I see more and more r3v OG's leaving the scene yearly.. Not because they don't own e30's, but because of grtting ripped off by some punk with a lot of posts and so called reputation.

Live and learn I guess, I rarely even try to sell stuff because of the rediculous offers and questions you get on here.

R3v strong for 12 years!

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
                                Fully rebuilt with 40k on it, dyno tuned ecu with 168whp. Forgot who he said rebuilt and tuned itit (pro 3 guy) but it has perfect leak down and compression. Got it for a steal, new alternator and starter as well.

The guy I purchased it from was Blair. Never met him, dealt with Jerold the entire dea but it worked it great.. Realized how legit some sellers can be and on the other hand.... How some sellers can be dog shit.
                                I have stories upon stories of r3v jackasses. I once borrowed a truck, rented a flat bed trailer, and drove 2 hours to Seattleto meet a forum member named Robert to buy his lot of parts. $1000 worth. After great communication the entire time, he started getting super shady once I told him I was arriving in Seattle with the trailer and needed to know where exactly to go. He didn't respond for about 2 hours, had some story about how he got robbed and beat up that morning.

Long story short, we agreed to meet the next day or asap. Robert texted me the next day saying he sold everything to someone else. What a kick to the dick that was! Took off work, rented a trailer and filled my brothers truck up with fuel. I lost over 300 bucks that day and more importantly, I lost a lot of respect for the young r3v community.

I see more and more r3v OG's leaving the scene yearly.. Not because they don't own e30's, but because of grtting ripped off by some punk with a lot of posts and so called reputation.

Live and learn I guess, I rarely even try to sell stuff because of the rediculous offers and questions you get on here.

R3v strong for 12 years!
                                Yea and then there's guys like you that do a shitload for the community (new and old), like, I dunno, rebuilding a piece of shit auto sedan into something really exciting to drive :P
                                sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Working...
                                X