Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
    lol what a joke that diff is going to be shit in the m42
    It's so true, the m42 pickup has my 84's old 2.79 open diff and it is one of the slowest cars I've ever driven. I've been too lazy to throw the 4.10lsd in it but I know it'll make it worth the work. I'm hoping the taller tires will make it livable.
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

the 3.25 makes second gear pretty sweet, Im confident in a race to 65 the m42 would keep up with a stock m20b25. takes you all the way to 72 or so.

2.79 is just dumb.

Comment

With a 3.25 and an m42? lol.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          the 3.25 makes second gear pretty sweet, Im confident in a race to 65 the m42 would keep up with a stock m20b25. takes you all the way to 72 or so.

2.79 is just dumb.
          Toes, never go full retard bruhhhh
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Got this from a customer today and I really don't want it. Natur heated passenger side cabrio seat in shitty shape. $20 and you can take it home. Please.
            Attached Files
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Got this from a customer today and I really don't want it. Natur heated passenger side cabrio seat in shitty shape. $20 and you can take it home. Please.

Does everything work? Frame straight?

Comment

Good seat to steal rails off, to mount after market seats

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Does everything work? Frame straight?
                  Appears to be in decent shape besides the obvious cosmetic stuff.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

what has 9 arms and sucks?

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    :ST1G:

Fuckin Def fuckin Leppard, man.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    With a 3.25 and an m42? lol.
                    lol indeed

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

2.79 is just dumb.

goes to show some people don't get wiser with age....you couldn't beat an eta if you wanted with that diff combo 5hoes
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

They're both ridiculously slow, who cares? Didn't Simon dyno his eta a few years back and it was <100hp?
                        m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          They're both ridiculously slow, who cares?

No kidding - take it on the track Toes. Seriously, do some track days and learn how to drive a slow car fast. Don't do that crap on the streets. It doesn't impress anyone these days..
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Comment

limited slip + bald tires and you can't spin them? waste of time to make your car slower than an eta

m42 with a 4.10lsd should be able to spin the tires through 3rd in the rain.

Comment

I love how everybody is speculating what the car can and can not do despite not having driven this setup themselves. New tires going on tonight though, Continental True Contact 195/60/15 - have read loads of great things about their wet weather performance so Im excited to have a car that can confidently be at freeway speeds in the rain.

My engine is definitely not down on power, the compression tested great across all 4 cylinders and every sensor on the engine, except the o2 sensor, is new. Its mainly the lack of torque under 3500rpm that is the reason why they don't spin.

and slower than an eta? Im sorry but theres no way.......... since when does spinning tires = going fast? what is this hondatech???

Comment

Working...
                                X