PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
    ^ that is quite a lot of effort put into a simple spring chop.
    That's the 5toes way: put 100% effort into doing something half assed (cutting springs). :p
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

LOL Well played sir! That's sig worthy

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Cutting springs is better than heating them

And Im not going to too low, thus the strut shouldn't blow, nor bouncy

Comment

^ no one is worried about you going too low

I am harboring a significant grudge against UUC currently....I ordered a DSSR back in early Dec. and they still haven't shipped it...

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Who wants to help me hunt down my 1222 code?

Symtoms,
            occasional high idle
            occasional hard start, not exactly hot or cold, just very random and not very common.
            Feels a bit down on power.

I was poking around the engine bay with the engine running looking for any broken hoses. When I squeezed the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator my idle stopped and didn't come back till i revved the engine a couple times. Also, when the car doesn't want to start I give the gas pedal a pump or two and it starts up just fine.

Do you guys think it could be the FPR? And what is a good and safe way to test the fuel pressure?
            Last edited by DrJosh; 01-27-2012, 05:34 PM.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

O2 sensor, good sir. Worth a shot, at least.

Got my broken subframe bolts tapped and out. Went and bought 10 grade bolts. Hopefully those fuckers don't snap now. Detailing my car for XXX at the moment and getting a parts pile ready to go so all I have to do in the morning is load up and hit the road!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Good luck getting it back together! I wouldn't drive it with those two bolts broken.

Is there a way to test the O2 sensor short of swapping it out? I would swap it out but I don't have one nor do I want to buy one if this isn't the issue.

Comment

^ maybe a resistance reading?

Comment

I tried testing this

My meter only read .02 at best with the car at op temp. Maybe it is dead. I am going to pull it out and look at it but I think it looked fine when I had it out like 2k miles ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      Well it appears that m3 springs are the same just 6 coils (instead of 7 like on 325i's)

THe higher spring rate of m3 springs may be because they are just shorter, because cutting sprigns does increase spring rate. The wire thickness/gauge is the same

SO that means one coil off front should lower car half an inch, and I am 9mm or so lower without the spring pads and the e90 drop hats (which are awesome BTW)

Additionally, the M3 and 325i share the same front struts, which means I shouldnt blow them if I go m3 height
                      Yes M3 springs are 1 less coil bit same wire diameter. You should ne able to remove 2 full coils before having issues with your struts. I've ran like that.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Here is my 02 sensor.

It looks okay, I think. Of course that doesn't mean its in working order but I don't see any signs of it being contaminated from say a leaky head gasket or running rich/lean.

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                          What he said. Or, just buy lowering springs. No chopping required.
                          well said my friend :)
                          Transaction Feedback: -click here
                          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                            Here is my 02 sensor.

It looks okay, I think. Of course that doesn't mean its in working order but I don't see any signs of it being contaminated from say a leaky head gasket or running rich/lean.
                            I have one that has less then 4k miles on it. Only 4 years old. $45 delivered to XXX.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Okay sounds good.

It is OEM though right?

Comment

^1222 can be caused by a lot of different things man.

Comment

Working...
                                X