No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go. It's like this Lancia Astura we are restoring. You can see some of the wood framing around the rear wheel arch and door frame. It was very common in European cars, especially one with hand built bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
      Unless every seal has been recently been replaced, I wouldn't put synthetic on an old M20. Hello new leaks.
      As far as I know, no seals have been replaced recently lol.

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      M20's use thick oil. 20W50. I say go with Kendall Synthetic Blend. $5 p/ quart at Baxter's. That's what I use in the M50.
      Originally posted by stamar View Post
      sale at napa on napa synthetic, which is valvoline synthetic, at 3 49 a quart

it comes in 15 50 not 20 50, which sounds perfect.

thats what I used although it does not need synthetic, it lasts longer.

Ive only changed the oil twice, and when I did there was a really good sale on store brand synthetic so I went for it.

but I would change it with dino oil.

I think its made it about 8k on oreilly synthetic and still looks good.
      Thanks guys.

Comment

Haha my car runs, & what a feeling driving it home from my mom's. Video coming soon with a huge thanks list, my goodness I owe so many people it'll be long. Much Love Pacific R3vlimited, forever a car buddy in my eyes. :up:
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Congrats Jay, glad you put so much effort into it!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

:D good job Jay. You put a lot of effort into it and it paid off. See you on the 24th!

Comment

Great fucking job Jay!!!!!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

congrats on getting it running!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Congrats dude!!
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I want to cry, my damn crankshaft seal is leaking. I know it, from everyone else's experience with it. Coming home from work to that sucks, I'm just too damn tired to feel all this emotion. Night

Edit: Could be the pan gasket, because I remember using a flathead to get the cover gasket over the pan & moved the seal some MM's. This mistake is nothing short of two days.
                    Last edited by HarukoE30; 03-05-2012, 10:07 AM. Reason: edit.
                    Originally posted by James Crivellone
                    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                      I want to cry, my damn crankshaft seal is leaking. I know it, from everyone else's experience with it. Coming home from work to that sucks, I'm just too damn tired to feel all this emotion. Night

Edit: Could be the pan gasket, because I remember using a flathead to get the cover gasket over the pan & moved the seal some MM's. This mistake is nothing short of two days.
                      That's shitty dude! Maybe it's just grease from your flywheel bolts, throwout bearing, etc.

Glad you got it on the road though. Changing the seal is not hard. You can have that tranny out in a few hours.

Comment

Pre BBQ haruko day?

Buy my Eta
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=248238

Comment

Just stuck another gig of ram in my MacBook. Didn't do shit. Merrrrrh :hitler:

Comment

You did it backwards, you need to put another gig of MacBook in your Ram

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                              You did it backwards, you need to put another gig of MacBook in your Ram
                              This. Something similar happened to me when I put more memory in my ECU.
                              Originally posted by 5Toes
                              bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Well my car is getting closer to the condition I want to sell it in.
                                Tonight I got a little to-do list:
                                FPR
                                fuel filter
                                Temp sender & sensor
                                Some coolant hose that's swollen
                                Inner CV boot on Passenger front axle

annnnd that's should be enough for today...

Monday fun day! Still have a more to do. Hopefully I'll have this thing sold and a new e30 before the Port Townsend cruise.

Comment

Working...
                                X