Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    Any tips? the one bolt is easy to get to from underneath the other... eh

It looked like removing the intake mani would make it easy. What do you think?
    Personally if I were you and my confidence level was pretty low I would take apart as few things as possible. If your intake is not reinstalled with perfection you could have a shit ton of vac leaks.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ you didn't remove anything? (at Mullet Bullet)

I now know that this is a breeze with the tranny out. ugh
      Last edited by 5Toes; 11-20-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
        Personally if I were you and my confidence level was pretty low I would take apart as few things as possible. If your intake is not reinstalled with perfection you could have a shit ton of vac leaks.
        Well how would you do the job?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          ^ you didn't remove anything?
          When I swapped starters I only took out the airbox and intake boot. I wanted as few points of failure as possible.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hmm and what did you use to get to the far bolt?

As I understand it... there are 2 starter bolts. One I can see clearly from underneath. That one is easy.

The other I can see, but I can not get a wrench in there. If I did get a wrench in there I have like 15 degrees of room to turn it.

Pelican recommends removal of the intake manifold. I do have a vacuum leak so now would be the time to address that I guess.

Now that you've determined that the starter is bad, learn how to replace it without electrocuting yourself by reading this article here.

Comment

I wish I had a better camera and skillz to do a cool photoshoot.
              sigpic

Comment

I also removed my starter only with removing the air box and intake boot. You need some extensions and some swivels.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Totally didn't see the ad for a 89' 325ix in Seattle for $1400 Be a damn miracle if it hasn't sold.
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                    I also removed my starter only with removing the air box and intake boot. You need some extensions and some swivels.
                    Well I kind of want to paint my intake manifold too... so I guess I will just take that off. I want m50 injectors too... grr money money money

So I tried removing the bolt from the bottom. With a cheater, I broke it lose.

But now the other side has that torx bolt. Were you guys able to access it from the top or what? No way you can get to it from the bottom..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                      I think USC's going to be the toughest Pac 12 team Oregon faces this year. Unfortunately for you the game's at Autzen.
                      Exciting game. Glad we won and disrupted the BCS bowl games.

So I spent the better half of the day removing the sound deadening from my 325e's trunk and under rear seat.

Weight savings:
                      Trunk = -35 lbs
                      Under rear seat = -5 lbs

Oh, I also threw on my snow tires (non-studded).

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

Looking for a new place to live in the Seattle/Greenwood/Northgate area. Could spend up to 1000/month but would be more comfortable spending say 800ish.

Anyone have any experience with "good" apartment complexes or anything like that out here?

Better yet, any R3Ver's with good jobs considering moving out soon? I'd love to have a two car garage with two clean e30's in them. Fridge full of dicks. All that good shit. haha.

I've been living on my own since 2006 so this isn't anything new to me. Just keeping my options open thats all.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Skiing was fanrastic today! I am in total winter mode, so no more car work for a few months.. See you all in the spring.

:-)
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post
                            Exciting game. Glad we won and disrupted the BCS bowl games.

Lost my voice at this game and left sad.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is it safe to run 5 lug adapters with e3& style 5s on a iX??

I might trade my sedan for an ix and I'd keep my wheel setup... Not sure if this would fcuk up the AWD system
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

You're going to have a different offset, but should be just fine. The iX has a higher offset of 35mm, IIRC. Paolo, feel free to correct me since you're the iX guy.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X