PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PNWbimmer View Post
    I'm going this route this spring....e36 m3, wrx wagon, or e46 330ci are leading the way. The longer list includes an s4, gti 337, and is300. I want to drive all of these before making decisions though. It will be a daily driver still so that needs to be kept in mind.
    I'm also looking into e36m3. Don't get me wrong, I love my e30, but I'm getting so busy with school and work that at this point in my life, I'm not gonna be having as much time to wrench on a car. I want something from the factory that makes good power and is a BMW.
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Because ricecar!

Comment

Fun little day trip last night. Got to the guys barn/ shop. Had like 5 or 6 e30's out front.
        I guess he's know Matt B. Pretty stand up guy and from what it looks like he had a lot e30 parts.
        Had some dinner in Portland and drove home. Much success!

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          Fun little day trip last night. Got to the guys barn/ shop. Had like 5 or 6 e30's out front.
          I guess he's know Matt B. Pretty stand up guy and from what it looks like he had a lot e30 parts.
          Had some dinner in Portland and drove home. Much success!
          Was it TK, out on the end of a gravel drive?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

If you guys are getting bored/tired of your e30s, I can safely say that there are plenty of exciting bits that you can throw at it.

Every time I drive my CTS I notice things about it that are a good idea, but that I think that I can do better (always on GPS for example). My dashboard tablet is about 80% done now and really is going a long way towards making the car feel super-modern. Every week when I take the e30 out I'm so impressed with every single thing about it, I am really considering just making it the dd.

ya'll boys are crazy for wanting something newer.
            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
            2010 Buell XB9SX
            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

you know, i felt the same way as you guys about a year ago. as much fun as driving an A1 vw is, i wanted something newer and reliable. so i bought an e30 :p new cars suck. mine just clicked past 220k. i didnt notice the odo roll over because i was ripping a turn lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                ya'll boys are crazy for wanting something newer.
                I can understand it to a point... especially if your e30 is your only car/dd. But yeah, there are lots of little things you can do to improve the "creature comforts". Keyless entry, stereo, etc.

I remember back when I only had one car, and it was my project+dd. It was frustrating because I had lots of plans, but I couldn't afford any long downtime to implement them.

It wasn't until I got a daily driver that I was able to start my standalone EMS conversion.
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  It wasn't until I got a daily driver that I was able to start my standalone EMS conversion.
                  EMS conversion?
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                  1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                  1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                  1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                  2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Engine management system. Bosch LH2.2 -> Megasquirt EFI, fuel, crank triggered distributorless ignition, and boost control with knock sensing.

All DIY but somehow I don't trust myself to install a lukebox ;)
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                      Was it TK, out on the end of a gravel drive?
                      It was tk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                        It was tk.
                        Dude it pretty cool, I bought a parts car from him a while back. He is having shitty luck selling that bronzit late model 4 door here in town. He also has an E39 M5 that is pretty clean looking (unless he finally sold it)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                        Bluebird Bus Conversion
                        New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                          I can understand it to a point... especially if your e30 is your only car/dd. But yeah, there are lots of little things you can do to improve the "creature comforts". Keyless entry, stereo, etc.

I remember back when I only had one car, and it was my project+dd. It was frustrating because I had lots of plans, but I couldn't afford any long downtime to implement them.

This.

My e30 is my only car/mode of transportation so sometimes it gets annoying when shit breaks or if you wanna do major work (engine, etc).

I'm getting a bike soon, so the modding bug can hop on that for a while :p
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

recommendations for front CABs? daily driver duty so nothing crazy stiff. found some moog stuff for cheap that i was thinking about buying an filling the gaps with 3m window weld (just because i have some leftover after doing my mk1 vw mounts). was looking at the akg stuff too, but all i saw was race spec stuff
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

E30 M3 centered bushings

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                                Dude it pretty cool, I bought a parts car from him a while back. He is having shitty luck selling that bronzit late model 4 door here in town. He also has an E39 M5 that is pretty clean looking (unless he finally sold it)
                                I think he still has it, I'm pretty sure I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X