No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see where you are coming from for sure, but Im not in the position to spend that much money on a new engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Still looking for an engine

I am researching high compression stroker options, without using custom pistons. It is a dead end. I am over thinking it.

Well you have a budget, now all you need to do is be patient.
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
        Go Metric Mechanic or have GAS rebuild you one and be done with it.
        Thats stupid advice your taking to 5cells who only has a 500 budget drives an auto and is what 17 at most be real.
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Actually right now, I have $800, but I was planning on putting atleast $250 of that towards maintenance items

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
            Thats stupid advice your taking to 5cells who only has a 500 budget drives an auto and is what 17 at most be real.
            It's not stupid advice for anyone, I didn't know what his budget was, but doing the right thing is always sound advice.

Furthermore, judging by how much more money gets thrown in whenever something breaks, waiting a bit longer or getting a loan to get the proper bits or getting it done right still isn't stupid advice.
            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
            2010 Buell XB9SX
            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I plan on doing the proper maintenance

- timing belt
              - cap and rotor
              - water pump (or re use mine with a new gasket)
              - new accessory belts
              - new block seals

Didnt work much on my car today, so engine is expected to be out tomorrow or Tuesday. Then I will pull the head and see if it is good and go from there

So if you have a nice eta block lying around, I might be hitting you up for a 2.7i

Comment

Actually right now, I have $800, but I was planning on putting atleast $250 of that towards maintenance items
                Toes sometimes you just need to not say anything its better sometimes to keep your mouth shut, the amount of money you have isn't the issue its your lack of knowledge and need for a expensive engine you might just fuck up in the end
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

For those who know Rick (rg430rocker)

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

AHahahaha nice work Austin

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

WTB: stock 318is exhaust (everything) I know there is a few local guys that did the m50 swap on there 318's and got rid of the stock exhaust.. if you are one of the guys or know someone that has a good working exhaust shoot me a PM

thanks
                      Transaction Feedback: -click here
                      [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                      [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

i was the butthead that bought the stroker, i had to drive from anacortes! such a long damn drive... glad its over and i have a new stroker for my e30.

5toes, i have a complete euro m20b23 id sell for the right price.. or just the 731 head if you wanted to go that route. pm me..

Comment

Well fuck. Finally replaced my hood release latch and cable. The old one was broken and I've been using the screwdriver trick since I've gotten the car. After many swear words, it's done. It's not complex, just a bitch to thread the wire and grommet through the firewall.
                          1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                          2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                          1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Originally posted by cg138 View Post
                            Well fuck. Finally replaced my hood release latch and cable. The old one was broken and I've been using the screwdriver trick since I've gotten the car. After many swear words, it's done. It's not complex, just a bitch to thread the wire and grommet through the firewall.
                            Mine works, but it pops at the last end of the pullback. Looks like I'm in for a world of cursing. Hope my Throttle Cable isn't a tough fix.
                            Originally posted by James Crivellone
                            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Anyone else still awake?

I suddenly find myself with a lot of extra time on my hands...

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Yup, still up. I need to go to sleep though. I've got work in the morning.
                                1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                                2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                                1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Working...
                                X