PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
    So offering only 37% of the asking price is ok but 40% is low balling?
    This car is much worse in person. He's a little high.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Gotta love PNW E30 prices.

Comment

Right? Glad I got both mine for STEALS! E30s are great but not for 4000-7000.00! I got a E46 for 5500 out the door from a stealership. Thar really said something to me.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Lol maybe 5 more times... Haha, I all seriousness this is only the second time. The first time all I was getting was low balls, not like I won't give in a little low balls, I mean like 2k low balls. And was getting so many computer messages.

Any info on this? Looks like a project, if I could work him down 1k its go for it.
          I have seen it up for sale at least 10+ times, not to mention on here a handful of times.

I believe that is a $2000 car. I wouldn't expect him to take much less then that, though.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

10+ times lol, there are similar ones on craigs but this is only the second time believe me.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

And it's been on CL on and off for quite awhile. Absolute POS IMO. $1000 tops.

Comment

Hey guys, my 1989 325i's muffler is rusted, loud, and hanging down. I obviously need a new one, but I don't have any of the tools/equipment/know-how to replace it myself so I'm looking for advice on ways to have it replaced. I'd like to stay OEM or at least around the same sound level.

A muffler shop I stopped into said I could bring one in and they would weld it for ~$75. Should I do that (and order it online?), or just take my car to a full service shop? Any recommendations for where?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  I think I am selling my car
                  Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  god does answer prayers
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by theberglar View Post
                    Hey guys, my 1989 325i's muffler is rusted, loud, and hanging down. I obviously need a new one, but I don't have any of the tools/equipment/know-how to replace it myself so I'm looking for advice on ways to have it replaced. I'd like to stay OEM or at least around the same sound level.

A muffler shop I stopped into said I could bring one in and they would weld it for ~$75. Should I do that (and order it online?), or just take my car to a full service shop? Any recommendations for where?
                    I found a muffler for my gf's rabbit at a junkyard, and she went to Midas, of all places. It only cost 40 for install with an extra piece. Not going to be the best quality, but hey, its cheap.
                    -Peter
                    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                    '91 318is slicktop project
                    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                    '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                      I found a muffler for my gf's rabbit at a junkyard, and she went to Midas, of all places. It only cost 40 for install with an extra piece. Not going to be the best quality, but hey, its cheap.
                      I went to Aurora Auto Wrecking, but they recommended against it because 1) the cars don't have wheels so mufflers get smashed by the ground and forklifts 2) they are probably as rusted as mine.

It would be nice to save money by getting a decent used muffler, but I don't have a lot of time these days to search for one. Also I don't think I'll ever sell my car, so I'd rather just spend the extra money and get something new that will last another 23 years :)

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Don't think about it too much man! Just get it done and move onto the next issue.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

anyone know a e30 mechanic/shop around here I really dont feel like installing all these new bushings.
                          sigpic

Comment

Tacoma area? I would reccomend my shop but most R3V e30 owners don't like our variable labor rate.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Alex, I got help from Kevin Doyle @ KD motorsports. We did rear subframe, trailing arm and we were going to do the diff bushing, but mine wasnt bad.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

anyone have some shocks for the early bumpers that arent drilled? im thinking about untucking my bumpers. ideally I want the 88 shocks anyone got a set laying around?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X