PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
    A whole lot of dumb up in here today/tonight.
    Surprise, surprise.

Dude. Put the fucking nut back on the end of the strut and pull the whole assembly out of the god damn car. Stick it in a vice, compress the spring, THEN take off the nut. It's the best way to accomplish your goal.

If you were fucking listening to what we are saying your springs would be installed and you'd be posting pics instead of retarded arguments with people that have done this multiple times to multiple cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
      Went for a drive. Took a photo or two.

Awesome, awesome shot! What is the exposure time on that?
      Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
      That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
      Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
      no fat dudes. car will scrape
      Originally posted by Ryann
      Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
        Surprise, surprise.

Dude. Put the fucking nut back on the end of the strut and pull the whole assembly out of the god damn car. Stick it in a vice, compress the spring, THEN take off the nut. It's the best way to accomplish your goal.

If you were fucking listening to what we are saying your springs would be installed and you'd be posting pics instead of retarded arguments with people that have done this multiple times to multiple cars.
        This.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Those two dumb fucks never listen and try and take the easy way out....we have done this shit a million times and know what the fuck we are talking about but end rant fuck you both
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle' View Post
            Awesome, awesome shot! What is the exposure time on that?
            Thanks you!

76 seconds, f4, ISO 2000

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
              Those two dumb fucks never listen and try and take the easy way out....we have done this shit a million times and know what the fuck we are talking about but end rant fuck you both
              Calm down lol. People have to learn as they go.

I used this method hundreds of times and never had an issue. Yes you have to be aware that your releasing a spring under tension but the key is to place a jack under the control arm and compress the assembly, use 3 of the cheap outside style spring compressors on the spring and snug them down, remove the nut and release the jack to let the assembly droop. Then just compress the strut shaft by hand and work the spring out. Done it hundreds of times. Even on our E46

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                Calm down lol. People have to learn as they go.

I used this method hundreds of times and never had an issue. Yes you have to be aware that your releasing a spring under tension but the key is to place a jack under the control arm and compress the assembly, use 3 of the cheap outside style spring compressors on the spring and snug them down, remove the nut and release the jack to let the assembly droop. Then just compress the strut shaft by hand and work the spring out. Done it hundreds of times. Even on our E46
                This its exactly what I want to do, I know what you guys are talking about but I don't want to unhook the tie rod. I just wanted to know where I could get the cheaper designed spring compressors but everyone trys to tell me a different way..
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

^ they aren't experienced enough dan keep it simple stupid is the only way to go with them two lol
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

It's easy enough to remove the entire housing from the car. Then ou can do all the work on a bench or on the floor with plenty of room to see what you are doing. Then you also don't run the risk of launching a spring at yourself or damaging your fender

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

That shot is awesome twelvism! Look at the stars!!!!!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

^ they aren't experienced enough dan keep it simple stupid is the only way to go with them two lol
                        Fair enough lol

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Lolol

Comment

all i wanted to know is where to get these spring compressors...
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

So much for you boys having a good weekend I see...

Edit: Keith M; Do you change oil every 3K or 5K?
                              Last edited by HarukoE30; 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM. Reason: edit
                              Originally posted by James Crivellone
                              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                                So much for you boys having a good weekend I see...

Edit: Keith M; Do you change oil every 3K or 5K?
                                5k is safe, if you are using synthetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X