PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Yep its called For Sale section, but shipping is a PITA so sell locally.
    A PNW subforum that is strictly FS/ WTB so no shipping necessary ;)

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    I think a PNW for sale/wtb thread would be great.
    the thread has been attempted and its a failure. vwvortex has a PNW FS subforum that works great, sad that as much as you guys like to talk down to VW people, they have better organization and sadly are more mature about some thing then the people here

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
    Facebook group people..
    that has just doubled the amount of space these people advertise:hitler:

/rant

I'll be out of here soon enough anyways, so I guess I'll just dream of organization ...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

People just have to stop making multiple threads with only one item in each. *cough* Austin *cough*...
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        You seem to be the only one who has a concern about it.
        Nope, I agree with Simon and I'm sure were not the only ones. A subforum would be nice to clean all the FS clutter out

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

A subforum would be amazing.
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            A subforum would be amazing.
            Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A thread would be really annoying.

Otherwise, I've suddenly taken an interest in fixing up my e30. Need to find a damn plastic front bumper.

Are the depo smoked smilies worth the $188 they're going for? I'm tired of buying used ellips with fried reflectors and pitted glass.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Ask dan, he has depos.
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Facebook group people..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                What facebook group?

Ask dan, he has depos.
                Who's dan?
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Someone make a suggestion in the suggestion forum that all regional forums have a Fs subforum. Then all of us bump the shit out of it.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A thread would be really annoying.

Otherwise, I've suddenly taken an interest in fixing up my e30. Need to find a damn plastic front bumper.

Are the depo smoked smilies worth the $188 they're going for? I'm tired of buying used ellips with fried reflectors and pitted glass.
                    OEM or go home. Others disagree.

Keeping an eye out for a bumper for you. Trying to work a deal on a parts car, we will see what happens.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Who's dan?
                      PNWDan
                      willschnitz

Comment

Wet sand the pitted glass.
                        1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Turf sherwood pick n pull has an 88 325i. Might have a bumper on it.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Well worth it.

No reason to spend a ton of money on 20+ year old pitted glass with broken tabs and shit reflectors. The beam is pretty good from them and the quality has allowed them to last a year of 60 mile per day commuting without one issue.

In my opinion of coarse.

Its also my opinion that trying to have a company put a design for retrofitting newer projectors is a lost cause.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Turf sherwood pick n pull has an 88 325i. Might have a bumper on it.
                              Wouldn't an 88 have aluminum bumpers?

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                              Well worth it. No reason to spend a ton of money on 20+ year old pitted glass with broken tabs and shit reflectors. The beam is pretty good from them and the quality has allowed them to last a year of 60 mile per day commuting without one issue.
                              I've had 3 sets of smilies and one set of US ellips that have all sucked. Wetsanding does not work. I even coughed up the cash for brand new hella smoked smilies only to have 2 of them crushed by road debris.

I'll give the smoked depos a try. I wasted more than $200 trying to make my last set of US ellips servicable.

Comment

I believe late year i's had plastics. I could obviously be wrong.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X