PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
    Had a great weekend. The Swedish Cruise In (volvo/saab meet) at Triple XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah was yesterday. Tons of fun despite the weather.
    Didn't notice you didn't have wipers. Playing with fire, boy. Did the lady you were with take any good pictures?
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Yup yup. No hood, no roof, no wipers/washers/washer fluid bottle. Also deleted the charcoal canister, emissions crap, etc. I tried to get rid of most of the non-essentials.

She got some pics but the weather didn't really behave for very long... Here's one with you in it.

Swedish Cruise In 2013 by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr
      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Yup yup. No hood, no roof, no wipers/washers/washer fluid bottle. Also deleted the charcoal canister, emissions crap, etc. I tried to get rid of most of the non-essentials.

She got some pics but the weather didn't really behave for very long... Here's one with you in it.

Swedish Cruise In 2013 by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr
        That is a stance of power, of dignity. I stand tall, surveying all that is before me, keeping your pointing hand in check.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Is there an "easy" way to pull the front lower timing cover on an m20? It looks like I need to yank the crank bolt but I can't break it loose.

Sidenote, RTV is not a substitute for gaskets and orings. Not even a prodigious amount of it.
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
            That is a stance of power, of dignity. I stand tall, surveying all that is before me, keeping your pointing hand in check.
            The mighty Joel surveys his kingdom and lets out a ever so slight nod. All is well.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              Nice pick up man :up:

Now lower that badboy :D
              Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              New Sedan is looking good Haruko!
              Thanks guys, I'm really excited about whats ahead & yes it'll get low, but not oil pan crushing low.

Had a great weekend. The Swedish Cruise In (volvo/saab meet) at Triple XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah was yesterday. Tons of fun despite the weather.
              I was so trying to get my Brother to bring his Viggin to the event, but he has his reason's for waiting. Car looks great with no hood
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

I just threw away a perfectly good 731 head.

Comment

Anyone want a complete ETA motor with a slipped timing belt? I'm cutting the C101 plug off and taking the valve cover, oil pan, p/s pump and alternator. Free as shit.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                    I just threw away a perfectly good 731 head.
                    :hitler:
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                      yes it'll get low, but not oil pan crushing low.
                      Look into IE3 / Billstein sports and drophats. Never had an issue with the oil pan and the low is perfect IMO.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Anyone have a working 90* ICV for sale?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                          Look into IE3 / Billstein sports and drophats. Never had an issue with the oil pan and the low is perfect IMO.
                          I don't want to go too low, but I do want a drop, would that be a setup I be potentially wanting to look at? I'm either going 15-16 inch wheels, but leaning towards 15, because I do spirited runs at night in my neck of the woods.

Might need to start an application for "Alpha-Team" soon, I had an older looking female tell me I had a great looking car. Good thing I have a GF :cockbloc:

I'm seriously trying to figure out a way to down-size my computer life down to just a tablet. Not quite sure it's possible though!
                          Last edited by HarukoE30; 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM. Reason: edit
                          Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            I don't want to go too low, but I do want a drop, would that be a setup I be potentially wanting to look at?

Yea I really like the setup, it's not bad for dd purposes. Still gotta drive to avoid stuff in the road but I've never worried about my pan. If anything my mudflaps scrape on bumps.

Comment

You and Greg can kiss my ass
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                                You and Greg can kiss my ass
                                :D
                                Haha. Btw I still got your suspension tools! Gonna stick them in the trunk for whenever I see you next lol

Comment

Working...
                                X