Try paint.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

To novel of an idea Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
        I hear ya!
        Got most of the way finished today. Just a few boxes and some clothes left. Woot!
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

To novel of an idea Kyle.
          haha just messing with you guys!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

The only trick to making that work is a slowly heating it to the same temperature then slowly cooling it after. You are also going to melt away the adhesives holding the structural members to the hood.
            I didn't consider that I thought it was welded. In my experience with thin stuff: if you drop it in the bath slowly it warps to hell, but if you slam it in..it will warp but once it sits for a few hours and cools it ussually comes back to its original shape.

Comment

I could also hang it over the kettle for a couple hours to warm it up to temp then slam it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                I could also hang it over the kettle for a couple hours to warm it up to temp then slam it in.
                /r/nocontext
                -Peter
                '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                '91 318is slicktop project
                '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                '00 Tundra

Comment

It's the rapid heating or cooling which cause the warping, especially between the flat areas and the stressed areas (where the bends and folds are). Give it a try with an old hood and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by e34croak View Post
                    It takes like 30 mins to wire up everything on e30, wtf?!?!?!
                    I found that out the hard way after having Keith, Phil, & Austin show up at my moms. Swapping a transmission was simple, but a harness...FUCK that shit!
                    Originally posted by James Crivellone
                    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

lol http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3691662802.html

Comment

Anyone know this IX?

Comment

what does R3V think of replica snowflakes 16x8?

these are 15's

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
                          Transaction Feedback: -click here
                          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Love em' I've been toying with idea of getting them.

Comment

They look great. And they look just like Hot Wheels wheels.

Comment

same, I really like dig the 80's look! just wanted some more opinions, Adam if you are bored p-shot this bronzet in to a brilliantrot for me please :)
                                Transaction Feedback: -click here
                                [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                                [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Working...
                                X