No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That moment you find out your injectors are much smaller than what you thought you had.
    m106 1990 e30
    e36 daily
    e32 cruiser

Comment

Fuck my life, picking up a 24v Friday. Smh wish I could afford that m20 life.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Id just rent the hoist, you can get a nice hoist for like $50-75 a day.

Hows the engine in that car?
        I know a place, which would work, but the engine will be out for a mild while so travel time & all that adds up. I did do this method on the barn swap.

Not a whole lot of information on the engine, which once I get it on a stand I'll know more, but was told by the previous owner it ran great when running. The car developed a starter & ignition wire issue(s) which makes sense in post# 30080 from what the Previous~Previous owner had installed. Previous owner did however install a new timing belt / water pump etc. roughly a few hundred miles before parking it for the winter last year where it has sat for almost 10 months. I'll still change those parts as well

Kinda curious to learn more about the 88' engine, because 88' seems like the transitional period for E30 as a whole, but don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
        You can borrow mine with the leveler for a six pack. Located in Bothell, WA.
        I'll keep that in mind if my sister heads down from Everett soon.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        harbor freight + 20% off coupon gogogogogogo. unless you are 100% sure you can get it done in 1-2 days, you're better off buying one and selling it when you're done.
        Do they have decent folding one's? I haven't seen/check the R3v HB thead in awhile.

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
        That moment you find out your injectors are much smaller than what you thought you had.
        I'll try to remember this when looking for the right M50 injectors.
        Last edited by HarukoE30; 09-17-2014, 05:48 PM. Reason: edit
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
          Fuck my life, picking up a 24v Friday. Smh wish I could afford that m20 life.
          Going to the dark side I see.....Hopefully will join you one of these days.
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

For when you do get injectors,

Good table of the Bosch fuel injector specs.

Cheapest I've been able to find so far for brand new ones is on amazon.
            m106 1990 e30
            e36 daily
            e32 cruiser

Comment

So pissed I need to buy a damn oxygen acetylene torch kit to get off this damn last drive shaft bolt.
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                So pissed I need to buy a damn oxygen acetylene torch kit to get off this damn last drive shaft bolt.

I wish mine were on that good.

Comment

yes it folds:

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

they have a 2ton one too.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    Little more then I wanted to spend for a Tire Pressure Gauge/Chuck but after using my coworkers Blue Point digi gauge I had to have one for the home garage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                    That's bad ass. Do you get a shop discount on those? I'd love to start collecting some Matco stuff.
                    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Yeah I do. I'm not going to get EVERYTHING Snap-on/Matco/Mac but for the stuff I use all the time, it's nice to have something quality. Especially when I see the nice stuff the tech's at the shop have. The Blue Point one was tempting but just couldn't spend that much on a damn tire pressure gauge. lol
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

That is a useful deal though. I would spend money on that or a quality digital torque wrench ... everyday tools the craftsman are good enough for my ham hands.
                        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Seriously! Where are all the 3.73 lsd's ???? I need one!

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                            Who lives around me? Aside from Gerta? I'm off of 228th near the Kenmore gun range.
                            I'm directly across Bothell-Everett Hwy from you. I know I used to see MulletMan's e30 down the street from me a bit but I don't know if he sold it?
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Seriously! Where are all the 3.73 lsd's ???? I need one!

I'm too impatient, started looking 4 hours ago, already found one, I love the internets.

Comment

I'm too impatient, started looking 4 hours ago, already found one, I love the internets.
                                Seth you said it was in Everett area you found it? wanna bring me some shit from portland?
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X