No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a cheap set of 14" steelies or bcaps for winter tires?
    sigpic
    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I picked up a set of studded tires but the bolt pattern is five lug...
      sigpic

Comment

why do people in Portland/Vancouver insist on studded snows? Being a CO boy, this baffles me.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
          why do people in Portland/Vancouver insist on studded snows? Being a CO boy, this baffles me.
          The worst is seeing subaru drivers with studs. Idiots.

Comment

because Portland is weird. No other reasons needed. Lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
              because Portland is weird. No other reasons needed. Lol

It tears up the roads dude
              sigpic

Comment

Fun fact of the day: People that live in the NW spend a considerable amount of time in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                  Fun fact of the day: People that live in the NW spend a considerable amount of time in the mountains.
                  Wheeling rig!:rofl:
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Do you want savage, unless someone can magically change the silly minds of 95% of the people here to not use snow tires till its fucking winter it doesnt matter.

Seriously people, why the fuck do you need snow tires, you dont even fucking go to work if there is a forecast of snow anyway.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

This. Fuck people that run them from November 1-April 1, also. No wonder the roads are shit around here.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post

Fun fact of the day, people in Colorado spend a considerable amount of time in the mountains and usually don't run studded snows.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yea Coming from the midwest this nov1-april1 studded snow tires shit is stupid, We didnt even use AT tires...
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

I was just discussing this with my girl the other day... why do people in the PNW forget how to drive in wet weather, let alone snow...?

I've only ever felt the need for studs once while in anacortes when we had record snowfall that began to melt then froze over again creating an ice sheet over every road surface. Haven't used studs since and haven't even used snow tires. Unless it's iced over I still just roll around on summer tires and keep my wits about me. But I enjoy driving in snow. Even in my slammed Honda on 17's and sport tires I had no real problems going thru the pass over mt.Hood during a blizzard.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I was born and raised in a part of CA that NEVER snows, and I have NEVER driven in snow before I moved to Seattle. Ive never been stranded and Ive never owned studded tires OR chains...

Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I was born and raised in a part of CA that NEVER snows, and I have NEVER driven in snow before I moved to Seattle. Ive never been stranded and Ive never owned studded tires OR chains...
                                Congrats! Want a cookie?
                                2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Working...
                                X