PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    Because they are piles of fuck. you got lucky and found a good one.
    I believe the original question related to a reliable DD. When I was 24 I was buying my first house, which happened to be an empty 4-plex that I needed to fill. I knew I would be putting a lot of energy into learning how to be a homeowner and a landlord and didn't want to have to worry about a car. So I sold my E30 and got a white hail-damaged Focus (the golf ball) brand new for $4K.

Please 'splain to me what a pile of fuck is? Kinda sounds like fun, if you ask me...

EDIT: I did have to tint the windows on the piece of shit Focus dark enough that no one could see me. And Austin's right. My '04 had impressively terrible design, cheap materials, and questionable ergonomics.
    Last edited by ajhostetter; 11-13-2014, 10:25 AM.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
      it is DUMPING snow here in Bend...

my honda is too low to go to my storage unit to get my snow tires...shit just plows.
      Looks like fun! PDX did NOT deliver...
      sigpic

Comment

If bachelor opens before the mountains in WA, I'll be driving my ass down.

Comment

It was ~20 degrees at my house this morning... and my 30 has no heat... Alternate sitting on hands on the way to skool...
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I havent seen winter since I moved out of the PNW. Sometimes I miss it, then I hit the beach and look at girls in bikinis and forget all about it
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I havent seen winter since I moved out of the PNW. Sometimes I miss it, then I hit the beach and look at girls in bikinis and forget all about it
              Way to rub it in!
              -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Honestly after living in Seattle for 7 years, it truly is weird to NOT see the seasons change. I feel like summer hasnt ended since I moved, and thats exactly a good thing... I appreciate the seasons changing.

Look at it this way, if you get tired of the weather, head south... like the birds
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

it is DUMPING snow here in Bend...

my honda is too low to go to my storage unit to get my snow tires...shit just plows.
                  no snow in beaverton but that didn't stop my kids school from shutting dow and me canceling my day at the shop. silly, they cant drive in the rain, cant drive in the sun, and wont drive in the snow. what a bunch of waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless! i get to play w my kids all day though so it could be worse

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Honestly after living in Seattle for 7 years, it truly is weird to NOT see the seasons change. I feel like summer hasnt ended since I moved, and thats exactly a good thing... I appreciate the seasons changing.

Look at it this way, if you get tired of the weather, head south... like the birds
                    I don't mind the seasons changing... Its that its dark all the time that gets me...
                    -Christian

Comment

It was 30deg out this morning when I was warming up the E46
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        It was 30deg out this morning when I was warming up the E46
                        24* in Edmonds today and yesterday.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                          I believe the original question related to a reliable DD. When I was 24 I was buying my first house, which happened to be an empty 4-plex that I needed to fill. I knew I would be putting a lot of energy into learning how to be a homeowner and a landlord and didn't want to have to worry about a car. So I sold my E30 and got a white hail-damaged Focus (the golf ball) brand new for $4K.

Please 'splain to me what a pile of fuck is? Kinda sounds like fun, if you ask me...

EDIT: I did have to tint the windows on the piece of shit Focus dark enough that no one could see me. And Austin's right. My '04 had impressively terrible design, cheap materials, and questionable ergonomics.
                          Was referring to the early Mazda 3's......
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                            Was referring to the early Mazda 3's......

Whatever.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tward View Post
                              no snow in beaverton but that didn't stop my kids school from shutting dow and me canceling my day at the shop. silly, they cant drive in the rain, cant drive in the sun, and wont drive in the snow. what a bunch of waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless! i get to play w my kids all day though so it could be worse
                              they were closing schools in PDX? dang...Bend didn't close shit. kids went to school, people went to work and it seemed like everybody handled the driving conditions pretty well. saw an early model E30 on Wilson by my buddy's shop. Was a matte looking blue with a roof rack. gave a thumbs up, got a funny look back. Probably didn't like my shit-box... Later on Greenwood in downtown i saw an E36 coupe steaming with what looked like some fresh front end damage. Grille was punched in and the bumper was pretty fucked up on the passenger side.

eventually i got my beater honda over to my storage unit and threw on my steelies with blizzaks. handled the packed snow/ice like a champ. when i got back to my uncles place up on the hill some lady in a chrysler T&C had got stuck going up her street, so i pulled her up to her house with the tow rope i had in the trunk. Not the first time i've towed someone in the snow with my honda.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Not the first time i've towed someone in the snow with my honda.
                                Sounds like winning
                                -Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X