No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln is definitely fine if you don't have the capital for a miller. But you can sometimes find good deals on millers on craigslist. Even if they are broken they can be fixed and used.

Anyone have experience with Paint and bodywork places around seattle? Haury's is the r3v sponser but dont see many amazing reviews of them, but Id guess a good number of those reviews are from insurance work where insurance isnt exactly paying to get it fixed right.
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 04-01-2015, 08:13 PM.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

German autowerke in Edmonds. Done

Comment

Yeah, I love my diversion 180... Don't need much more for hobby stuff.. Very simple for the beginner level fabricator. Use with a dynasty 350 at work for big stuff, but 180 amp is enough for the average welder.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Simon, refresh my memory. Which Eastwood Welder did you end up with?
          Never Welded? No Problem! True 90 Amp MIG Welder is a Perfect First Welder Industry leading 3 Year Warranty Confidence backed 90 day trial period Weld up to 1/8

its price will fluctuate from 300-350 and its at 300 now. Harbor Freight welding cart and a bottle or gas and you should be welding legit for under $500
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Lincoln is definitely fine if you don't have the capital for a miller. But you can sometimes find good deals on millers on craigslist. Even if they are broken they can be fixed and used.

Anyone have experience with Paint and bodywork places around seattle? Haury's is the r3v sponser but dont see many amazing reviews of them, but Id guess a good number of those reviews are from insurance work where insurance isnt exactly paying to get it fixed right.
            Haury's is great but expensive, my personal recommendation is Absolute Autobody which has two locations and I've had a really positive experience with their Everett location when I had a new bumper put on my (former) Z3M Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-1...5a-output.html

its price will fluctuate from 300-350 and its at 300 now. Harbor Freight welding cart and a bottle or gas and you should be welding legit for under $500
              For 500 your right, if your budget is around 1k I'd recommend the miller mvp 211. It's nice to have 115/230v capable and the aluminum spool gun option if you ever work with Alu. 3/8" single pass capable on either Alu or steel. I see them used for around 750 on Craig's. Definitely my next purchase for the shop.

I got my diversion 180 for 900 bucks delivered, paid 50 to have the local central welding inspect before I purchased it. And obviously tested it myself once we got back to my shop. Not many settings to adjust but it's a good Maxhine.

Comment

I have had good work done at Haurys when it comes to painting lips and stuff. I have never had them repair damage.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                  I have had good work done at Haurys when it comes to painting lips and stuff. I have never had them repair damage.
                  Wouldnt be repairing any damage besides maybe some PDR. Just need 3 panels paint matched, and if they cant paint match, probably full respray.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

How's the weather up there guys?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                      How's the weather up there guys?
                      muy bueno, sunny. how is California treating you?
                      Transaction Feedback: -click here
                      [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                      [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Abe, you're down here somewhere?
                        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Yeah I'm down here dood. Hanging out in Northridge with the sister.
                          And California is treating me well Geno. :) Ate In N Out yesterday with the BMW locals

Comment

Well balls, that is nowhere near me :(
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                            1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                            1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                            1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                            2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

A lot closer than the PNW lol

Comment

Ugh seen a gorgeous red vert driving the wrong way up washington downtown..

Comment

Working...
                                X