Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/tls/4954066042.html

That guy has a 52" matco for $375, probably $325 after bartering.
    That thing is on Vashon Island! That's funny because it would require a ferry boat ride just to go check out. I'd love to pick that up hmmmm ... and the harborfreight boxes look good too ... I wonder if they have them instock at the Lynnwood/Edmonds HF store?
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Putting some items up for sale tomorrow, thought id give you guys chance in here real quick before tomorrow strikes.

Battery relocation kit, us grills, M30 starter,motor meter cluster 147,xxx, VDO cluster with 221,xxx, Map light mirror, 7 series fan for some extra push.

3 e36 driveshafts, 2 325i driveshafts, 1 z3 manual driveshaft
      2 e30 driveshafts, 318i, 325i
      1 5 series, big guibo drive shaft

Full M10 318i exhaust with new muffler

Comment

I'm holding out for a Cornwell box and cart or Hazet, I just want something different!

I've been able to source Hazet stuff for stupid cheap from SSF, sometimes the stuff comes up for sale on special. They just had a Hazet Brake Bleeder Kit for 130.00 - Had the reservoir "topper upper" and two different styles of collection cylinders with two different types nozzle/necks for different applications. Their stuff is not bad!
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Any tips on welding thicker steel (brackets) onto thinner steel? Just looking for some advice.

The situation is welding some CSB brackets to the underside of my 2002. I've got everything about ready to start tacking, just want some input other then the Eastwood Youtube guy who's been very very helpful. lol.

Anyone want to wash cars today?? ; )
          Last edited by kid325e; 04-05-2015, 09:00 AM.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Any tips on welding thicker steel (brackets) onto thinner steel? Just looking for some advice.
            You have to keep most of the heat in the thicker metal. Crank the heat setting up to whatever you can get away with for the thick metal and try to stay in the heavy metal, making quick hits over to the thin. Its hard to explain but stay like 80% in the heavier stuff. Hope that's somewhat helpful...
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yeah that's what I figured. So the idea is to keep heat the thicker stuff while slowly bringing the good stuff over to the thinner metal?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Pretty much.
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

The situation is welding some CSB brackets to the underside of my 2002. I've got everything about ready to start tacking, just want some input other then the Eastwood Youtube guy who's been very very helpful. lol.

Anyone want to wash cars today?? ; )

Check out welding tips and tricks channel on YouTube... He is pretty impressive in any style or material.. Very knowledgeable and informative as the videos go on.

I've been a craftsman guy since day one, just for the replacement plan and price. I'm slowly switching over to snap on stuff... As far as I know, you should still be able to get 30% off snap on products by entering "student" as a promo code. They offered package deals for a better price, full tool boxes, ect. For people who had 10k to spend on tools right out of college haha. Not I.

That's all I had to do to get my tech discount, they never asked for ASE certs or anything like that. Pretty sure my local snap on driver gave me that discount by just letting him know what automotive program I attended. You might have to register as a student now? Not sure, maybe Austin Has more info. I haven't bought anything new in awhile

Comment

Josh shouldn't you still be hungover :)
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

I'm holding out for a Cornwell box and cart or Hazet, I just want something different!

I've been able to source Hazet stuff for stupid cheap from SSF, sometimes the stuff comes up for sale on special. They just had a Hazet Brake Bleeder Kit for 130.00 - Had the reservoir "topper upper" and two different styles of collection cylinders with two different types nozzle/necks for different applications. Their stuff is not bad!

You know I wouldn't mind a Hazet box or snap-on, etc.... I just don't want to pay the ungodly prices for something that will for the most part sit in my garage. If I was a tradesman or used it for work, then I would feel like the investment would pay off.

What is this SSF you speak of? Links, deets, etc ....

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                        Josh shouldn't you still be hungover :)
                        Yesterday was a rough one! Had to stop in Spokane for the night, driving was not an option. Luckily my wife has an e90... It's been very comfortable!

If anyone stops in Spokane for food, I'd reccommend the Wild Sage. Also spotted a very nice eclipse drag car outside... Looked to be a 4g64 Evo motor with lots of mods. Pixtures coming

Comment

Ended up buying the HF 44" box and topper. $679 can't be beat!

Comment

Yo

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                              Yo
                              How's cali?
                              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                                Ended up buying the HF 44" box and topper. $679 can't be beat!
                                Congrats, sir.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X