No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car needs a detail while you're at it. Badly.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Four door console? Or heated seats?
      nvm stupid noob question
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Car's been sitting for a bit. Function before form my friend. This car will clean up nicely, no doubt about it. Priorities.. lol
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Car's been sitting for a bit. Function before form my friend. This car will clean up nicely, no doubt about it. Priorities.. lol
          damn...whats a new AFM running nowadays? this car makes me happy.

and i'm pleased he's kept the tan carpet. With the black mats, it really makes it nice. It makes me want to keep mine tan and NOT dye it black...
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

There you go, just do what you want to do bro!

So yeah, if you order one from BMW Seattle they'll sell it to you for 693.68 (50.00 core charge)

Then people bitch when you want to sell them a known good unit for like 100.00..lol Makes me regret selling the few that I have on the cheap in the past.

Another hit to the chest were iX axles. I was selling them for like 25-50.00 a pop - checked pricing and availability on brand new ones and I almost shat myself.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              There you go, just do what you want to do bro!

So yeah, if you order one from BMW Seattle they'll sell it to you for 693.68 (50.00 core charge)

Then people bitch when you want to sell them a known good unit for like 100.00..lol Makes me regret selling the few that I have on the cheap in the past.

Another hit to the chest were iX axles. I was selling them for like 25-50.00 a pop - checked pricing and availability on brand new ones and I almost shat myself.
              LMFAO i hear ya man...you gotta start selling shit on ebay because selling it locally via r3v/craigstlist wont yield you proper $$$, especially when it comes to iX specific parts
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                409 from Huskar autogroup or 419 from The BMW Parts Store

http://www.huskerparts.com/parts/199...0mass%20sensor

BMW of Seattle has retarded pricing.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I agree with you but you're comparing an online retailer based out of Nebraska to a Dealer based out of Seattle. I'm not going to say you can't get it cheaper elsewhere but I wonder what it must be like to deal with either of those places if the part is wrong, damaged during shipping, defecting, or needs to be warrantied.

I have piece of mind knowing that if this customer's car starts acting up and it's the AFM's fault, it'll get reimbursed QUICK, and the guy i'm dealing with is someone I speak to on the phone and can come see in person, etc. etc.

You're paying for much more then just the part, especially when you're dealing with a paying customer's car.

We have no problem selling stuff like this all day.
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So this is a 91 850i that we serviced 5/29/15. Keep in mind these are our list prices, marked up so we can make profit and stay in business just like we have been doing since 72. It's what it takes to stay in business and competitive out here.

We did headlights
                    861.70 each - 63 12 1 383 371/63 12 1 383 372

We replaced the driver side seat rail which had to be ordered from Germany. (Seat would not move forward or backward.)
                    52 10 8 118 128 - 1212.87!!

That's just for parts..

Car is back now for AC work. He's keeping the R12 System. I just paid 1170.00 for a 30LB tank of R12. That's wholesale. God I can't wait to be on vacation.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

and i'm pleased he's kept the tan carpet. With the black mats, it really makes it nice. It makes me want to keep mine tan and NOT dye it black...
                      Will the carpets out of the death machine fit your car?
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I wonder what my price on an AFM through WorldPAC or IMC is.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I understand why I shop would do it. They need to make money and want to pass the headache onto the dealer. But keep in mind, those "online retailers" are based out of BMW dealer parts departments spread throughout the country. They still are genuine BMW parts carrying the same BMW warranty, and since BMW of Seattle had to order theirs, there was still the risk of damage in transit.

But my point is, if it were someone like Brad, you, or I buying one, it is stupid to walk into BMW of Seattle when there are plenty of other dealers willing to beat their price. Hell, I can order it from FCP Euro (non BMW dealer retailer) and get a life time warranty on the part, for over $200 less than BMW of Seattle. BMW of Seattle wanted 180+ tax for a X5 door handle carrier where I got it from a competing dealer for 80 shipped.
                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post

But my point is, if it were someone like Brad, you, or I buying one.
                            Hey don't bring me into this!!

Lol jk, hi josh!!
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Not available through IMC or WP anymore. WP used to have them reman'ed by a company called Python (I believe) but we had a few issues with one in a PRO3 and now WP does not carry them. Not sure if they just got rid of all the old stock or what.

So really used or OEM was my option. Customer decided he wanted to an OEM one.

Yeah, Josh I see what you're saying. I'm just glad that there are people willing to pay for these parts and keep shops like us in business.

Either way, another E30 stays on the road. Another indy shop is getting paid to work on classic BMW's, as well as bread and butter services. Everyone's happy except the guy on the 'net who thinks someone is getting ripped off.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

The older I get, the more I appreciate shops doing certain jobs for me. I even turn down family members who need extensive work on their cars because I usually don't wanna tackle it on my own car anymore haha
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X