No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 5-toes - I might had been a little harsh, but it seem you need to be brought back to reality once in a while. Ya, know, be fore you get banned again.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      I should also mention that it's an early G260, with late mode provisions...I rethreaded the bolt in from the early model carrier and have found that doing that may interfere with shifting....

I'll report back
      Did it stop working when you threaded the carrier bolt back in to the case? Yes, those bolts are too long of you don't shim them out with washers, or just use the mounts for sheet metal carrier without the carrier piece.

I had to do the same thing on the race car when I installed the AKG shifter, otherwise it jammed up..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

When I track down another windshield I'll pull this one and pull on the a pillar to try to make the windshield hole square again. ALso need to reshim the driver's door a little, shuts kinda weird now, I don't get how the passenger window frame is tweaked and the door shuts fine
        Eventually I'll get another roof and put it on this shell or get another clean shell and swap shells It needs to survive another few months as my daily before I can get something else to daily Car still drives straight and everything still works so I'll keep driving it.
        Car is beaten, but not dead.
        I have a roof and good windshield on the parts car in my driveway. But you'd have to come down to Portland to get them both..

Last edited by djjerme; 01-02-2016, 10:32 AM.
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          Did it stop working when you threaded the carrier bolt back in to the case? Yes, those bolts are too long of you don't shim them out with washers, or just use the mounts for sheet metal carrier without the carrier piece.

I had to do the same thing on the race car when I installed the AKG shifter, otherwise it jammed up..

Ya it seems like it did at the point I threaded the carrier bolt back in...is there a way to remedy this aside from changing out the trans?
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Sorry 5-toes - I might had been a little harsh, but it seem you need to be brought back to reality once in a while. Ya, know, be fore you get banned again.
            Its just aggravating Im out here putting $600+ of PROVEN performance parts I worked hard for on my $400 car and am getting shot down like WTF. only questionable thing is the intake, which I am planning to make better than the stock using reflective gold tape (like the Mclaren F1...)

Comment

Want a cookie?

Comment

Der, I have a spare windshield you can have. I'm in Bellevue. Do you think it will still fit if the windshield frame is tweaked?
                '91 325i

Comment

Itll fit but goodluck getting lockstrip in without some bitching.

I can barely get them in a straight frame without getting pissed and having my fingers lock up.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                    Want a cookie?
                    Yes

Comment

Arash the mt1 looks good
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                        Ya it seems like it did at the point I threaded the carrier bolt back in...is there a way to remedy this aside from changing out the trans?
                        Not easily. You can try dropping the cross member and ass end of the tranny and run those bolts out. Then just get some round or square aluminum stock and cut it down to the same length as the sheet metal carrier spacers. I'll have to look for what the correct length is..

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          I have a roof and good windshield on the parts car in my driveway. But you'd have to come down to Portland to get them both..
                          I'll take you up on the roof, just not this weekend. Thank you so much!
                          Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                          Der, I have a spare windshield you can have. I'm in Bellevue. Do you think it will still fit if the windshield frame is tweaked?
                          Thank you so much! Could I come up tomorrow? I'll pm you.
                          Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          Itll fit but goodluck getting lockstrip in without some bitching.

I can barely get them in a straight frame without getting pissed and having my fingers lock up.
                          Yeah, I'm not picturing it being easy. I'll probably pull it a bit straighter with the tractor or something, I just need it to be slightly more legal than it is now! Right now it's a big spiderweb crack.
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Damn DER, sorry to hear your car got wrecked. Glad your ok and it will drive again.

Comment

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                              Damn DER, sorry to hear your car got wrecked. Glad your ok and it will drive again.
                              Thanks, yeah I'm glad to be ok! it sucks about the car but I'll fix it better than it was, maybe this will be the opportunity to get a really nice paint job on it. The paint on it now is kinda meh if you really look at it.

Big thanks to Nander393! I picked up an uncracked windshield from him that I'll put in next week at some point.

Right now the passenger side of the windshield has a big spiderweb in it but the driver's half is fine still and I'm gonna park in the parking garage at school tomorrow (so it doesn't get rained on) so I'm gonna drive it

It hasn't dropped any new fluids or anything on the floor so I think the drivetrain is fine:up:
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Pulled the 332iS out of the garage for the first time since November... Took a victory lap around The City, and definitely woke up a few households along the way :up:
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X