X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard of people using the manual e30 rack for v8 swaps

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      No, it probably never was serviced in that time and the synchros are all gummed up and/or are worn to fuck from dirty ghetto felony flats SE crackheads driving the piss out of it.

Those crackheads never got it to run lol

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
        yeah i hate how i can plug in my bluetooth dongle into my obd2 port on my 24v and read all of my damn codes...

so dumb
        Nothing to go wrong on an OBD1 setup, so no code reader necessary ;)

(anything that does go wrong will be pretty obvious, so whatevz)

...although, I've been kind of interested in doing an OBD2 swap for shits and giggles. Wished I had all the OBD2 stuff for my S52, but it's OBD1 and finished now (and going in the car Tuesday!)
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
          Those crackheads never got it to run lol
          I thought they had it for a long time?

Comment

Im gonna make a mix soon designed for driving your e30 too

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
              muthaf...uck...er
              Whatever Fil.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Nothing to go wrong on an OBD1 setup, so no code reader necessary ;)

(anything that does go wrong will be pretty obvious, so whatevz)

...although, I've been kind of interested in doing an OBD2 swap for shits and giggles. Wished I had all the OBD2 stuff for my S52, but it's OBD1 and finished now (and going in the car Tuesday!)
                Obd2 is so simple to setup and have operating. Obviously the biggest factors here are the wiring and re flashing the dme, but I had professionals deal with that lol. Not much can go wrong once all of the obd2 hardware is gone.

From doing my obd1 s50 swap to doing the obd2 s52, it's the same amount of work with a better engine management. Obd2 all day
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Operation budget track car is a go. Motor install to commence Tuesday. OBD1 S52 mystery motor. I'll splurge for cams and a BBTB at the end of the season I think. I'm just excited to be driving it again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I like it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So, a brand new alternator I installed 1 month ago shits out on me. I replace it and am on the road for all 5 minutes and the autotragic decides its going to go out now too. Spend two more hours waiting for a tow truck. And now I have to put a couple hours in at the nut house. Great weekend so far!

Comment

^ thats shitty. sorry to hear. 5 speed swap time huh

Comment

I'll have a spare auto tragic once I get the manual out of the parts car into to the SETA..

And yeah Austin, I might take you up on that. I just have to look at mounting, the car and transmission are early 85, so originally plate style.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Gotta love auto cars :(
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

The autotragic and sport mode in my 535i was loads of fun for what it was hahaha...

If you're in 3rd coming up to a braking zone, you can get on the breaks, then in one motion fractions apart, "downshift" into second, and spike the gas pedal to the floor/2nd kickdown and the fucker would hold the gear at a bit below redline, but deep in the powerband. Try it, kinda fun.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                I'll have a spare auto tragic once I get the manual out of the parts car into to the SETA..

And yeah Austin, I might take you up on that. I just have to look at mounting, the car and transmission are early 85, so originally plate style.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                                Doesn't bother me. I'll bolt that bitch right to the trans tunnel. Just trying to build a budget track car. I've already got the perfect platform and only need a few more things :)

I'm sure if you need an early shift console, we can round one up for you.

BTW, you gonna be around Monday? Need to get those intake support brackets before the engine goes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X