No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The M20 with a 885 just needs higher compression and a good tune and you're in 24v territory
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      The M20 with a 885 just needs higher compression and a good tune and you're in 24v territory

Or just run a 731 head

Comment

Oh hey, I seem to recall someone around these parts selling one..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Fs or trade for your soul

Comment

Dont worry ill do the not smart thing for everyone and get the RHD ITB's and MS2.

Im perfectly fine with the $$$ to HP RHD pulls out with those ITBs.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Any bottle caps local? Need one. Two would be perfect. Four is too many. New driver got fooled by curb.

Comment

I have a early model euro eta block with 731 head in my garage, that would be a sweet engine to build but I dont have a car to put it in yet lol. I got my eyes on a cheap eta sedan thats also zinno so maybe I can have three red cars to drive and compare. 731 eta, m20b25 stock and the m42. I hear the 731 head needs some serious work to doa good job though - new camshaft, 885 valves, etc. It would be fun and probably be neck to neck with a chipped m50? who knows though its all speculation.

see y'all at the picnic

Comment

I has many caps, but in Portland.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    I have a early model euro eta block with 731 head in my garage, that would be a sweet engine to build but I dont have a car to put it in yet lol. I got my eyes on a cheap eta sedan thats also zinno so maybe I can have three red cars to drive and compare. 731 eta, m20b25 stock and the m42. I hear the 731 head needs some serious work to doa good job though - new camshaft, 885 valves, etc. It would be fun and probably be neck to neck with a chipped m50? who knows though its all speculation.

see y'all at the picnic
                    If I were to build an M20, the euro hi comp bottom end paired with the 731 head on M1.3 is the ultimate pairing, IMHO. However, since you refused to sell me your bottom end, I gave up on M20s and will just drive mine til it blows up or until I care enough to buy an S54 and install that.

BTW, you keep saying "see yall at the picnic", but it's 4+ months away and I'm sure you'll post in here again before that time... :)
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      I has many caps, but in Portland.
                      Ya a bit aways away. Something closer. She's driving now but both our spares are not good. Thanks.

Comment

sorry Im just super excited for the picnic this year, since I missed all of it last year due to my shitty job. my goal is to have the m42 with itbs and megasquirt 3 at the picnic this year and I am making that my main focus

Comment

Who wants to take bets on hoes not having itbs and megasquit
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

haha okay phil, pressures on dude

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                              Who wants to take bets on hoes not having itbs and megasquit
                              Hahahahaha
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                                I finally a couple weeks ago no holds barred let her rip sideways on 220th street overpass in mlt. S52 or go home.
                                who are you!? i never see your car around haha

and wardie in mlt had bottle caps to spare last time I checked.

Comment

Working...
                                X