X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loud engine>loud exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Im with the other old people, Cant stand a loud exhaust when not driving a windy road.

Probably why I wont get rid of my Stromung or switch from a stock style dual design.
      I've grown sorta tired of my UUC System U box on Eleanor. Luckily I only drive the car 20 times a year, so whatever. Thought about installing my Stromung on that car and putting the UUC back on the track car since it needs to be loud, anyway.

Anyone here have a cool M20 exhaust they'd like to sell or trade for a nice E36 Remus catback?
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

the vibrant resonator and turbo style muffler I have in the works should be sufficient, Ill have about $200 in the whole shh-bang so even if it drones like crazy Im not too concerned (it shouldn't)

Comment

Going dual is the best way to get rid of drone, but you are a 4cyl so you should be ok with a resonator and muffler.

Although if its a fartcan nevermind.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Who has a nice aftermarket M20 cat back for sale? Need something for my cabrio...stat.

Comment

Could always get Ebay IE clone: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-1987-199...dWqkh3&vxp=mtr
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Austin, do you still have that used mls HG still laying around?

Comment

I considered it, but would like something a bit louder. I had one on my old white euro car, and while it had a nice sound, it was really quiet. Basically a stock replacement.

Comment

get a vibrant muffler or similar with a resonator too and get it fuhhh razeee brehhhhh

Comment

Lol. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Going dual is the best way to get rid of drone, but you are a 4cyl so you should be ok with a resonator and muffler.

Although if its a fartcan nevermind.

More pipe, more echo more drone. My car is stupid loud

Comment

My car is getting slower everyday. I need to stop putting parts back on it, no bumpers, exhaust bad interior was fun now it's lame

Comment

I have a resonator and 2.5 inch straight through borla pro xs and it sounds great but the drone...
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

You kids and your mufflers

Comment

I love my rusty stock exhaust. It's quite, but a good purr to it. I'm not being cheap - I just want to wait till a m60 swap to replace it.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X