No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toes, dont listen to these old men. Keep doing donuts in the M42, thats why you gutted it right?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      It's cool to be careless with your life, but don't be careless with someone else's.
      Agreed, don't risk anybody else's life nor limbs
      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Toes, dont listen to these old men. Keep doing donuts in the M42, thats why you gutted it right?
      INB4 m42 donuts with 2.73 diff
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Ahh poor toes, i remember i use to call him out on his crap and this would happen

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Ahh poor toes, i remember i use to call him out on his crap and this would happen

Yes, yes, yes! Smithers, I will rule the world! Eggcellent!
          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            When I still llived in Vancouver , parents had a flat 10 acre field. Some jackass drove thru our yard at night. A Jeep with 4 other people in it. He did a few doughnuts, and rolled the Jeep. Even though they had seat belts on. 1 girl broke her arm, 1 girl had the front roof smash. And snap her neck, she died there.

A year later, another kid tried the same shit. 2/4 people. In the car he drove had broken limbs, and 1 to this day has a permanently fixed leg.

It's cool to be careless with your life, but don't be careless with someone else's.
            I see what you did there.
            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Ive heard bad things too, like lots of drivetrain vibration.

I got a spare late model m42 to build for $100. came with a blown auto trans and a dinan throttle body installed! Im cleaning up the throttle body for my car this weekend.

since the engine sat outside for a while (seemingly) I am planning on sending the head off to be hot tanked and have a valve job. Perhaps supertech springs will be added so I can drop in some nice camshafts down the road. The camshafts in there have surface rust but nothing crazy (e30 cams are better anyways).

As for the block Im on the fence about having any machine work done to it. was gonna upgrade to 360 degree bearings and call it a day. R&R timing components and reseal. Probably will be 1000-1400 all said and done, depending on how much machine work. any tips/recommendations?
              Dude why do you keep putting so much money into M42s? I finally got to drive one and yea it's fun for putting around but isn't one enough?
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

sup pnw

i'm gonna be in you next weekend, briefly, if the e30 makes it

that is all
                cars beep boop

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

I've never wanted an auto 318 until now.

Keep having fun toes, idk, idc what you did. I'm too lazy to read back that far.

Ps I hate my 318, I can't get this thing to run properly for the life of me, blah blah blah I'm not going to swap it, it has solid compression so it's worth the challenge but it's pissing me off.

Comment

..I've got an eta for you if you want to slam it in there. Harness and everything..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      sup pnw

i'm gonna be in you next weekend, briefly, if the e30 makes it

that is all

I'm totally down man! I'll shoot you a PM, flying back from Dallas, and then probably flying back out next week. Softball sized hail damage makes an adjuster happy... but in the mean time the beer sucks down here in tx, ready for a cold one in the pnw.

Comment

someone needs to swoop this:

M60B40

Comment

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
                          If I wasn't getting the motor from Scott, this is tempting
                          Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                          Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                          1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                          1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                          2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            ..I've got an eta for you if you want to slam it in there. Harness and everything..

I seem to remember that car running weird had a lack of power

Comment

just pulled cylinder head off my neglected late model m42. its cracked, and bad too :( worse than the other that came off my car. The cylinder walls are super rusty too, looks like it will need 11:1 pistons and some machine work!!

Comment

That sounds like a lot of work... I'd s54 it and call it a day, an s54 e30 would FLY and the 7800 rpm rev limiter is ridiculous
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X