PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
    I too am an S52/G260/S3.73 guy. A bullet proof way to know a drivetrain will work together is to source it all from the same car.

if you want a G260, snag that driveshaft with it (from that same car). Simple. No headaches as you know it'll work as it came from an origianl M20 car.

Things don't always work out so well when you have a budget and Need things done ASAP

Comment

good info in here on the trans options. I am going to be putting my low miles zf320 on my m42 that I am building up in the garage, goal is to have it in by end of summer. I have read around and know atleast one other forum user has done this swap. The new driveshaft adapter plate thing I suspect is going to work great. I just need to measure the lenght of the getrag 240 to compare to the zf box. I also suspect that the selector rod will need to be bent, but am only 95% positive about that. any input?

Comment

do it right or do it twice.

if you think Im talking about you, I probably am, and you are probably doing it wrong
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

if you think Im talking about you, I probably am, and you are probably doing it wrong
          No guilty conscience here. I spend all the wrong money in all the right places.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I just fuck everything up real good the first time so I have mistakes to learn from and it's still cheaper than school.

Comment

Good, because I like how you do things. And I like that you drive like a maniac. You MIGHT be my favorite ginger. maybe
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Good, because I like how you do things. And I like that you drive like a maniac. You MIGHT be my favorite ginger. maybe
                That warms my heart. You're pretty awesome, yourself. You'll be happy to know that I took Eleanor out this evening for a brief "engine exercise", as my insurance company calls it. The engine got an exercise, alright. Power shifting that car is so much fun :giggle:
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

haha austin does drive like a dick. me too though, I cant lie. 110 in a 35? thats autism!

Comment

Austin drives like a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles....wtf

Comment

Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          good info in here on the trans options. I am going to be putting my low miles zf320 on my m42 that I am building up in the garage, goal is to have it in by end of summer. I have read around and know atleast one other forum user has done this swap. The new driveshaft adapter plate thing I suspect is going to work great. I just need to measure the lenght of the getrag 240 to compare to the zf box. I also suspect that the selector rod will need to be bent, but am only 95% positive about that. any input?
                          There is no reason for that much transmission on a m42, no matter what you do with it.

If you absolutely must upgrade from a 240 then just install a g250. Cheap and easy to find because they've been used forever

Comment

...come ride with me sometime.

I won't be mad if you pee a little.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

stop spending your money on dumb m42 shit and spend it on being a better driver

Comment

zf320 is such overkill toes. Please stop wasting your money dude.

We aren't hating on you, its just facts.
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X