PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Nice! I got this painted and installed..

And yes, I know the end of the valance are incorrectly mounted (outside of the fender vs inside) but I fixed that today.. Just finishing up cleaning the euro bumpers and waiting for the Alpina valance to show up..

And hoping the deko set shows up in time..

Also need to address this small snag.

Plus, need to finish cleaning up the bronzit super eta so I can get that sold off..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
    At least it's a rsm failure and not a mounting point failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

LMFAO! That failed RSM had me almost blurt out a fat laugh in the office.
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Sad thing is, that's a brand new mount from BMW. And I know exactly where it happened - the ramp leading toward Naito/US-26 off Macadam ave. Huge farking pothole in the road (thanks Sam Adams/City of Portland!) that hit on the way home. Knew something had broke right after hitting it, because my suspension feel changed and got weird. Just glad it's an easy fix vs what I was picturing in my mind.

Maybe someday, our city council will serve the larger portion of the commuting population vs blowing all the money on just the 7% of commuters.. (yeah, that's how many people ride bikes to work.)
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sad thing is, that's a brand new mount from BMW. And I know exactly where it happened - the ramp leading toward Naito/US-26 off Macadam ave. Huge farking pothole in the road (thanks Sam Adams/City of Portland!) that hit on the way home. Knew something had broke right after hitting it, because my suspension feel changed and got weird. Just glad it's an easy fix vs what I was picturing in my mind.

Maybe someday, our city council will serve the larger portion of the commuting population vs blowing all the money on just the 7% of commuters.. (yeah, that's how many people ride bikes to work.)
          Ouch. That's the price of living in Portland. At least it was an RSM and not a tire, I-5 near Federal Way got me bad :/

sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Not sure if I want to know what happened there..
            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Not sure if I want to know what happened there..
              Not much to tell really. Was on my way to have my new tires installed when I hit that really bumpy stretch near Federal Way, rear tire shredded and I spun into a moving truck. Bye bye baby

sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                Hmm, the quiet while cold and loud when hot makes me think its picking up a bubble somewhere. If it drips it may be be letting air in also.
                I think your right. I started it in the morning and turn wheels lock to lock 5 times then shut her off. Later took her out for a bit and fine until I got back. Repeated cold startup turning wheels and has not done it since. I have a new ps line I'll put in this week. Thanks.
                3 hundred miles from home I get a little worried when the car has a hiccup.

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                  Ouch. That's the price of living in Portland. At least it was an RSM and not a tire, I-5 near Federal Way got me bad :/

Damn. Old? Or recent? Looks like a guard rail hit.

Comment

When did cities give up on road maintenance?

Seriously - it's like they are more then happy to build trains to nowhere, bioswells, etc.. but just regular maintenance - nope.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                      Damn. Old? Or recent? Looks like a guard rail hit.
                      Happened less than 2 months after I moved out here, Oct 2014. I did meet a lot of local guys during the partout (shoutout to E30Josh) so it wasn't all bad.

The whole country is having basic infrastructure issues due to lack of maintenance. It's something Bernie talked about a fair amount, kind of a 'new' New Deal kind of thing, getting people working and rebuilding some of the basics that we really need to take care of. I will say that as much as I hated North Carolina, they really take care of their roads. It is very, very different out here.
                      sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Portland is a joke. Amidst all the schools closing a few years back. Due to lack of funds for payroll.

Portland built a 40$ million bike path....

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                          Portland is a joke. Amidst all the schools closing a few years back. Due to lack of funds for payroll.

Portland built a 40$ million bike path....
                          And then all this BS with them turning Foster into two lanes with a bike path down the center? Portland is definitely a joke.

Comment

Or closing Naito parkway in 1 lane on the 2 lane side. For bikes and people who walk...next to a damn bike path and sidewalk...lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

...and next to a park. That used to be a freeway. So let's count, how many lanes have they eliminated down by the water front over the years - 6? And how much has the population increased since Harbor Drive was turned in to Waterfront Park?

Yep, Portland. Keepin' it weird.

After finding old photo's - they actually eliminated 10 lanes feeding the core of Portland.
                              Last edited by djjerme; 06-01-2016, 06:49 AM.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I hate the city for reasons like that, screw that.
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X