Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

There was no metal piston-meets-valve noises, so I dunno how badly, or if, the head is damaged. We're starting the teardown of the accessories tonight
      Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
      Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
      1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
      1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
      2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

good luck jenni! Id guess that the belt was riding too close to the head or something and rubbed on the timing belt cover, just a guess! only one way to find out! anybody want some mille miglia 15s in perfect shape with 205/55/15 BF-goodrichs? $200 to a PNW homie
        Last edited by 5Toes; 06-13-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks.. I think it was rubbing against something or was over tightened. I'm REALLY hoping the head is ok. I wanna take her to the picnic...

Comment

yes my car is running terrible too, the plugs are fouled from running rich during the diagnosis process yesterday. my work got an e30 parts car in great shape, if anyone needs anything. its 84 318i. rebuilt head (no receipts but its obviously freshly done and has new gaskets) Im asking $200 with distributor. interior is pacifc blue vinyl and super clean, but unfortunately the glovebox is broken. PM me if you need stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
              Scott and Josh did. The motor ran great when I picked it up from Scott at Josh's house. It was a gates racing belt, brand new. Something caused it to shred apart.
              I performed all of the work on this engine she purchased... I am very interested to know how it failed so prematurely.

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                yes my car is running terrible too, the plugs are fouled from running rich during the diagnosis process yesterday. my work got an e30 parts car in great shape, if anyone needs anything. its 84 318i. rebuilt head (no receipts but its obviously freshly done and has new gaskets) Im asking $200 with distributor. interior is pacifc blue vinyl and super clean, but unfortunately the glovebox is broken. PM me if you need stuff!
                pictures of the interior front seats (and rear if arm rest)
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

they are minty bud. I dont have a cellphone so cant get pics at work, but I assure you they are clean. the door cards, all 4 (coupe) are clean without tears too. my yard its cheap pricing, could get all of it for around 200. non arm rest

the center console is a little beat up and dash has one small crack in the corner of the tray area

Comment

All I need is the seats delivered to 98036.

Comment

I can bring to picnic if you paypal me Ill try to get you pictures tomorrow

Comment

Pictures first Toes, please.

Comment

thoughts? the wheels are for sale for 250 firm photocred to my friend Austin on instagram lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            thoughts? the wheels are for sale for 250 firm photocred to my friend Austin on instagram lol
                            Meh, too small for 250

Comment

Got all the disassembly done on the front end of the car done last night. Also picked up a scope cam from Greg as well. Hopefully the tops of the pistons look good and we don't have to pull the head. Fingers crossed.

Our current theory is the belt got over tightened and wasn't spinning properly.

Comment

Doesn't the tensioner set the tension for the tb? Wierd.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X