PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
    You interested in my Stromung exhaust for the M42?
    Maybe if it's cheap? My 318is muffler committed suicide and I need a replacement. Don't want to spend much on an M42 though...lololol
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Maybe if it's cheap? My 318is muffler committed suicide and I need a replacement. Don't want to spend much on an M42 though...lololol
      It'll be cheaper than one of your 24v swaps.
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I think im going to be going the oem route. Thanks tho[emoji106]
        sigpic
        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

nah, i have one already! hey do you have subframe bushing removal tools i could borrow? or the tools for the trailing arms?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            nah, i have one already! hey do you have subframe bushing removal tools i could borrow? or the tools for the trailing arms?
            Kris, I have both. HMU when you can pick them up.

Comment

was modeling some 5 inch subwoofer drivers last night. I want to fiberglass a center console area with two up firing 5 inch subs and use one of those new powersports amplifiers since these babies only need 50w RMS each. in a 1-1.5cubic foot box with two of them tuned pretty low the -3db point was almost 30hz!!!

the ebrake would need to be moved or deleted though. was thinking maybe using e34 parkbrake cables to move the handle over to the driver side floor board but I dont know.

crazy idea but it would be a nice arm rest and could have cupholders built in. subwoofers that small can hit hard in pairs or with 4 of them :) especially since they are so close to the listening position it could be a nice lightweight option compared to a full blown 10 or 12 setup in trunk. the powersports amps are tiny and only $60 for a good one.
              Last edited by 5Toes; 09-27-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Any interest in an e46 center console?

I started to modify it to line up with the e30 front center console. Includes all the 'accoutrement': armrest, e-brake cover, etc.

Having trouble uploading pictures ATM. Will get them up ASAP.

Comment

Scored a Ski passthough rear seat today for cheap. It's missing the hardware for the headrests though, Although I did get the head rests. I need to find the hardware for the headrests now.

Pick and Pull in tumwater still has a bronzit 4 door eta car with some good parts still. Good fenders, good doors, good glass, good trunk lid, decent dash.
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                    Scored a Ski passthough rear seat today for cheap. It's missing the hardware for the headrests though, Although I did get the head rests. I need to find the hardware for the headrests now.

Pick and Pull in tumwater still has a bronzit 4 door eta car with some good parts still. Good fenders, good doors, good glass, good trunk lid, decent dash.
                    I think I have a headrest kit sans that hardware. Located in Lynnwood 98036

Comment

Mr Gerta, I sent you a PM.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                        Should i cut the cat out of my oem IS exhaust or keep the cat?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Ditch the muffler and straight pipe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          was modeling some 5 inch subwoofer drivers last night. I want to fiberglass a center console area with two up firing 5 inch subs and use one of those new powersports amplifiers since these babies only need 50w RMS each. in a 1-1.5cubic foot box with two of them tuned pretty low the -3db point was almost 30hz!!!

the ebrake would need to be moved or deleted though. was thinking maybe using e34 parkbrake cables to move the handle over to the driver side floor board but I dont know.

crazy idea but it would be a nice arm rest and could have cupholders built in. subwoofers that small can hit hard in pairs or with 4 of them :) especially since they are so close to the listening position it could be a nice lightweight option compared to a full blown 10 or 12 setup in trunk. the powersports amps are tiny and only $60 for a good one.
                          Is this simply a mad scheme or do you actually have something mocked up?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

I would say get some Sundown Audio X-6.5's and call it a day. Those things are really loud for 6.5's. They eat up the power and need some space to breathe however.
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I drew up a basic cad drawing and figured the approximate box volume. Also modeled some Tang Band subs in that size in WINISD. the freq. response is legit, the whole thing would work no problem. the only setback is the ebrake cable thing, I was looking closely at it and it would be weird to work around it/super hard to relocate. it would be awesome to make out of fiberglass but I have not worked with that before.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Mr Gerta, I sent you a PM.
                                Let me know what your Bro says Mr. 2mAn.

Comment

Working...
                                X