PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
    Ah yes. The odo and tripmeter were DOA when I bought it. Speedo and tach seem reliable but maybe the whole thing needs to go. It seemed to be making some Morse code noises back there last week.... [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you want to replace or get it fixed, e30_dad on instagram does amazing work

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      If you want to replace or get it fixed, e30_dad on instagram does amazing work
      He cheaper than bavrest?

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        He cheaper than bavrest?

better quality also, probably similar prices, but he uses actual dials and such, i have seen some bav rest clusters use like a paper type material behind gauge faces.

He just seems to use better quality supplies, i have dealt with him a few times, and he is a 1 man show, and does great work

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
          better quality also, probably similar prices, but he uses actual dials and such, i have seen some bav rest clusters use like a paper type material behind gauge faces.

He just seems to use better quality supplies, i have dealt with him a few times, and he is a 1 man show, and does great work
          Nice! Just contact him via IG? ps unblock me on fb

Comment

Wow what an icy drive in to work today! Quite grateful I finally made time to install the Michelin snow tires late last week.

Oddly enough I had decent grip, but the temp gauge was spiking while putting along on black ice at 10 mph. Coolant level seems fine. (Scratches head.)

I would also look into the possibility of a bad fan clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
              Nice! Just contact him via IG? ps unblock me on fb

whats your face book name, i think we fought like 10 years ago lol

and yea contact via IG

Comment

Decided to take a drive out to north bonniville today. Beautiful in the snow and fun as hell getting out there.

sigpic
                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Y u no drive the seta?
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                    I would also look into the possibility of a bad fan clutch.

That may explain the earlier symptom of inconstant air temp blowing in to cabin, yes? A bad gauge doesn't explain intermittent cool air blowing in when max heat is selected. (That's what made me think low coolant or bad heater core. So coolant level is okay. But this could still be a mechanical issue.)

(Who had the fight? I'm lost on that.)

Comment

You could also have a bad thermostat, I had a 318 that had some issues like that I think there was a recall on a valve or something in the system

Comment

That may explain the earlier symptom of inconstant air temp blowing in to cabin, yes? A bad gauge doesn't explain intermittent cool air blowing in when max heat is selected. (That's what made me think low coolant or bad heater core. So coolant level is okay. But this could still be a mechanical issue.)

(Who had the fight? I'm lost on that.)

You need a thermostat. Slam it in and call it a day.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That may explain the earlier symptom of inconstant air temp blowing in to cabin,
                          This could also be a clogged heater core, try reverse flushing it. If you get more heat during acceleration, the pump is spinning faster and more coolant can cycle though the now narrow passages in the core, but back at idle, less pressure, its like a blood clot and only a little can come though.

there was a recall(iirc) where they put an inline thermostat in the heater lines. I think that it worked in the opposite fashion of a normal thermostat, blocking coolant flow( or something) because the heaters where building up to much pressure or something and blowing causing hot coolant to be sprayed on the drivers right leg.

a 84 325e I pulled a motor on years back had this recall on it. it was a super weird setup if your use to the normal

google e30 heater bypass valve and you'll find pics, normal cars have simply a hose from the back of the head going straight to the heater and a hose from the heater under the intake via one single hose, no valve
                          WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                          92 525it 5 speed.
                          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Y u no drive the seta?
                            Im actually thinking to getting rid of the seta. It runs great but needs some love. I like this car alot more and its in way better condition, slushbox and all.
                            sigpic
                            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              You need a thermostat. Slam it in and call it a day.

Don't cheap out on the t stat, I did one on my 318 last year, I made he mistake of buying a Murray from o Riley's and it broke in half within 10 minutes, they cost around 130 from BMW but it's worth it if you plan to keep the m10

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                Don't cheap out on the t stat, I did one on my 318 last year, I made he mistake of buying a Murray from o Riley's and it broke in half within 10 minutes, they cost around 130 from BMW but it's worth it if you plan to keep the m10

What if I don't "slam" the $10 'stat in? Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X