PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
    they are cloth centers. Or do you mean cloth bolsters?
    Fuck. Bolsters. Working on 3 hrs sleep
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      no, but do ettttt.
      4.4 litres > 1.8 litres
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        Anyone have a lead on an obd1 m62b44?
        You probably know this, but from what I've heard the motor is the easy part of this swap, might be best to track down tranny and rear end first.

Almost got this when I was thinking about a M6X swap, engine is there and you can part out the rest of the car and make a profit, plus if you are in U.S. you get that sweet currency exchange bonus! You could probably get it for $400 USD.

Comment

Just for the sake of knowledge, how much of an ordeal is it to bring a non-running car back to the states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
            Just for the sake of knowledge, how much of an ordeal is it to bring a non-running car back to the states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Interesting question, this car is a bit under 25 years so if you wanted to drive it legally with title and all that you would have to hop through a lot of loopholes, however, since you just need it for parts, you could basically take it across without any documentation for it.

Of course, at this point it would legally be considered a pile of metal and not a car, but if you have a trailer and just want the motor, I think it would be fairly simple.

Anyone else know more? Importing my car from Canada was startlingly easy because it's 26 years old now.

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
              You probably know this, but from what I've heard the motor is the easy part of this swap, might be best to track down tranny and rear end first.

Almost got this when I was thinking about a M6X swap, engine is there and you can part out the rest of the car and make a profit, plus if you are in U.S. you get that sweet currency exchange bonus! You could probably get it for $400 USD.
              Yeah, I already have a few leads for trannys and a rear end, the real issue will be continuing to work 35 hours a week while still making grades at uw. But those 1k checks are wayyy nice.
              Last edited by ahrensNW; 02-28-2017, 09:46 AM.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

4.4 litres > 1.8 litres

don't let toes catch you talking shit

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I heard that you have to cut it in half if you want to import as a 'hunk of metal'-

but that's anecdotal.

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I hadn't thought of looking for a car in Canada for an engine. I'll have to keep that in mind if I eventually go M60 down the road
                    sigpic
                    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                    88 Alpine 325i
                    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      http://gambler500.com/gambler-guidelines/

So, uh...anyone else intrigued by this? Definitely getting a crew together and going this year.
                      That looks awesome! Search CL for $300 or less and see what comes up for running cars, haha
                      sigpic
                      Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                      88 Alpine 325i
                      1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
                        That looks awesome! Search CL for $300 or less and see what comes up for running cars, haha
                        That was my first thought. Tow auctions too. Should be fun!
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Interesting question, this car is a bit under 25 years so if you wanted to drive it legally with title and all that you would have to hop through a lot of loopholes, however, since you just need it for parts, you could basically take it across without any documentation for it.

Of course, at this point it would legally be considered a pile of metal and not a car, but if you have a trailer and just want the motor, I think it would be fairly simple.

Anyone else know more? Importing my car from Canada was startlingly easy because it's 26 years old now.
                          Unfortunately, all of the "under 25 years old" hoops would still need to be jumped through do to its age, even if its considered "non op". Although, if you decided to gut it and only grab the important bits, you'd still need to import it as "automotive parts", which would still need a fair amount of paperwork with the Border junkies.

Comment

i was in general discussion, the spam nearly killed a brother
                            Last edited by Matt-B; 03-01-2017, 01:43 AM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

It's getting out of hand these days..

Best to just stick to Tapatalk and the "Participated" tab...
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

4.4 litres > 1.8 litres
                                This.
                                Although, I'm .4 Liters short. lol
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X