No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, Fuck this weather. I can't drive the Dumpster fire in this shit. M60 + 195's makes for shit that is just a little too sketchy for me.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      Dude, Fuck this weather. I can't drive the Dumpster fire in this shit. M60 + 195's makes for shit that is just a little too sketchy for me.
      the roads and freeways being so rutted make driving not fun.

i love going 70 and then bam, we are in another lane

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I don't mind the Rain, but the poor state of the roads around town are a problem waiting to happen. But of course the solution for Portland was to lower the speed limit everywhere to 20.

Not really, but this city hates cars so much, I'm sure they were stroking themselves over the State supreme court authorizing them to go BELOW the state minimum for speeds.

Only in Portlandia.

I'm sure the 60 minutes episode Sunday about this Hipster fail will be amazing. As one comment I read stated - "Portland has finally jumped the shark.."
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          I don't mind the Rain, but the poor state of the roads around town are a problem waiting to happen. But of course the solution for Portland was to lower the speed limit everywhere to 20.

Not really, but this city hates cars so much, I'm sure they were stroking themselves over the State supreme court authorizing them to go BELOW the state minimum for speeds.
          I've travelled and driven in multiple third world countries with better roads than Portland & Seattle. The infrastruce here is abysmal. Seattle is really trying to kill the car with these taxes and registration fees. I paid $350 to renew my tabs on my wifes 2016 VW Golf for 12 months.
          1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
          SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
          Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
            I've travelled and driven in multiple third world countries with better roads than Portland & Seattle. The infrastruce here is abysmal. Seattle is really trying to kill the car with these taxes and registration fees. I paid $350 to renew my tabs on my wifes 2016 VW Golf for 12 months.
            Seriously. Shit is fuqqqqed up in every kind of way. I get that the extra taxing is supposed to implement better public transportation, but when im paying $198 for tabs on a 97' 4runner, you know something is wrong.
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              Seriously. Shit is fuqqqqed up in every kind of way. I get that the extra taxing is supposed to implement better public transportation, but when im paying $198 for tabs on a 97' 4runner, you know something is wrong.
              It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone, they assfucked everybody with the initial light rail build. That was more strategic though, they passed ST1 which taxed everyone with an address that was within a certain radius of the line, so for a few years there my in-laws were paying 6-800 per vehicle to register even though they're more than 5 miles from a stop because the line goes through their back yard.

Shit's fucked.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                It shouldn't be a surprise for anyone, they assfucked everybody with the initial light rail build. That was more strategic though, they passed ST1 which taxed everyone with an address that was within a certain radius of the line, so for a few years there my in-laws were paying 6-800 per vehicle to register even though they're more than 5 miles from a stop because the line goes through their back yard.

Shit's fucked.
                or like in california, they wanted high speed light rail, built all this shit for it, and now are not doing it....because well people are refusing to move and give up land lol

People so badly on this coast want it to be like the UK, france, germany, etc where we all ride trains around and nobody has cars. I have multiple customers that ride trains in those countries and its only because parking is 20$ a day in cities like london, and gas is 20$ a gallon in some areas.... fml

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  or like in california, they wanted high speed light rail, built all this shit for it, and now are not doing it....because well people are refusing to move and give up land lol

People so badly on this coast want it to be like the UK, france, germany, etc where we all ride trains around and nobody has cars. I have multiple customers that ride trains in those countries and its only because parking is 20$ a day in cities like london, and gas is 20$ a gallon in some areas.... fml
                  I don't necessarily disagree with the movement to add public transportation options that don't use the roads but the insane cost of construction and land these days is making it extremely difficult to make that happen. Europe has/had the advantage of having a comprehensive rail system that was built before cities really starting getting dense, so they really just need to maintain/upgrade existing rails.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                    I'm convinced It's all going to speed bumps and cameras and dumb stuff.. getting collector plates asap

Comment

Anybody know where to get clear front signal lenses that aren’t $50. #2peicesofplasticfor$50 #gooddeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                        Anybody know where to get clear front signal lenses that aren’t $50. #2peicesofplasticfor$50 #gooddeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        $23. Looks almost perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

Those fuckwits also don't realize that we are a lot more spread out here, than in europe, and rail transport doesn't work as well here. I lived there for 3 years, and we did ride trains everywhere long distance, but short trips, we still drove. When I was in Germany, Gas was about $5 to $6 a gallon on post, More if you had to buy it off post. Needless to say, If we did have to drive long distances, we tried to plan the trip around access to military bases.

I am a train guy also, I love trains, and I'd love to have the same setup here like they have there, It just wont work though. We MIGHT have had a chance to have something worth while if the Railroads and government would have had a little bit of foresight, and didn't sell off right of ways, and rail lines when they closed. Or turn the fucking things into trails.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I'm still waiting for the monorail, speaking of tax money that went down the toilet...

t
                            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                              Oh please tell me more! I'd love to hear how bad you have it considering I used to pay a little over 2g's for 12 months coverage on my 07 Ford Focus. My premiums didn't change since I purchased the is350!
                              Oh and btw, my spouse and I have flawless driving records.
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                Oh please tell me more! I'd love to hear how bad you have it considering I used to pay a little over 2g's for 12 months coverage on my 07 Ford Focus. My premiums didn't change since I purchased the is350!
                                Oh and btw, my spouse and I have flawless driving records.
                                You win my guy.

1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                                SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                                Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X