Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I did a bad job making my exhaust. I think I am going to build something like the Bimmerworld race exhaust next so I can at least keep one of my mufflers
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

You could leave the axle back portion 3.5", making the first section smaller is going to make the biggest difference.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
        Yes, I did a bad job making my exhaust. I think I am going to build something like the Bimmerworld race exhaust next so I can at least keep one of my mufflers

It would be nice to tone it down a notch...
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

i wouldnt copy bw, just build your own
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            if you put the y-pipe that merges to 3.5" in the right spot you dont lose the bottom end anywhere near as much. seems to be more about length than size in this area of the exhaust.

just maintain the twin secondaries (collector) far enough before using a Y or X and you'll be sweet
            Correct. The merge is very important, and that's what ruins most s54 exhausts.

Originally posted by digger View Post
            i wouldnt copy bw, just build your own
            This. BW's exhaust still has consistent dynos showing poor bottom end torque, their merge is too close to the headers.
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

6/10/15
              Another E46M3, this one bone stock. 125k on the clock...

Progression:

Also Tuned a WAR Chiped OBD1 S50. Ended up ripping out war chip and just throwing a regular 413/chip in there when all was said and done. Car had nice headers/midsection, intake and stock other than that.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                ...Ended up ripping out war chip and just throwing a regular 413/chip in there...
                Told 'ya so. ;) :p
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

wow.. the installer of that WAR chip must have wired it wrong. ;)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    wow.. the installer of that WAR chip must have wired it wrong. ;)
                    Dave hit me up about the WAR, and just happened the day before I ripped one out of a turbo m20 e30 and put in MS. I got fed up with it as well.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Whoa that's a funkkkky graph
                      nice numbers on the m3!

Comment

246 from a OBD1 S50??? color me intrigued.......
                        Any details on it?

Comment

Just had generic Intake/3.5MAF/24lb injectors (Stock cams) some nice headers and exhaust.

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

To continue S54 Exhaust Discussion:
                            Stock S54 E46 M3 vs JB's S54 E30

Also ironically: BW race Exhaust car (and highest ive ever dyno tuned) vs JB's E30 S54:

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

man, don't make him feel bad about it! lol

but, 344whp is insane. let's presume that the drivetrain loss % decreases as HP goes up (because it's not linear). if it were 10% instead of 15%, that's still 382bhp from 3.2 liters!
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I was simply showing the coorelation in exhausts and low end torque....

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X