Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Square 8x16 Maxilite weaves vs alpinas fitted on car, which ones to choose..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square 8x16 Maxilite weaves vs alpinas fitted on car, which ones to choose..

Fitted them last evening. Yeah.. what can I say, difficult.. I can only keep one

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	10110477 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	10110478

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	10110479 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	10110480

second Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	10110482 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	10110483

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	10110484 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	10110485

Comment

The good news is that they both look amazing and there is no wrong answer here. The color and body kit look great on the 4 door body. I'd probably go with the style 5 as they look more original but its very close. Whichever you choose, I'd run BMW center caps to finish off the look

Comment

vote aplinas.
        have always felt they look better on a 4 door than the weaves.

Comment

I vote the weaves. If those alpinas were 17s though, it'd be a different story.

That's a really, really nice stance.
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Can't go wrong either way but with this car I'm inclined to lean toward the Alpina style wheel. Plus they are easier to clean.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Can't go wrong either way but with this car I'm inclined to lean toward the Alpina style wheel. Plus they are easier to clean.
              exactly this
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I'm personally a fan of basketweaves, although I prefer the 15" with larger tires.
                Those Alpinas are period correct, but are a "modified" look.​

Comment

too bad you cant keep two each like you have it in the photos. Then you have the best of both worlds! cant see both sides of the car at the same time!

I love both, but I'd vote weaves here.

Comment

Originally posted by rmdashrf View Post
                    too bad you cant keep two each like you have it in the photos. Then you have the best of both worlds! cant see both sides of the car at the same time!

I love both, but I'd vote weaves here.
                    That is quite an interesting thought.

If the weights are close enough and the wheel measurements identical, it wouldn't feel funny either. 🤔

Comment

Weaves. Tough call.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Alpinas, there is no better style for the e30 i'm afraid to say.
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                          I vote the weaves. If those alpinas were 17s though, it'd be a different story.

That's a really, really nice stance.
                          Maxlite do a 17" Alpina style so OP has another choice
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

16" Alpina is, IMO, the perfect wheel on an E30. 17" looks a bit too large, and 15s are too limited in tire choice with a powerful car which is a consideration for me. That being said, maybe it's the relatively unflattering nighttime pictures, maybe it's the body kit, but in these pics the weaves seem to suit your particular car better.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                            X