Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudpath View Post

Thanks for the reply. Would that be rubbing on the front or rear? Inside or outside? Only at full lock?

Trying to decide between 225s or 215s...
    Both, rubbing on the outside. You could probably get away with 225 with a fender roll, mine were not rolled.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Hi all, I’m looking at some new wheels for my 90’ 318is, the JNC 004, 15x8 et20. I don’t know much about what fits and what doesn’t for the e30, both in terms of rim specs and tire combinations. I’m looking for a flush fit with a nice tire, no stretch, it goes without saying something that won’t rub. What are my best options, for this size rim to sit flush with a nice tire?

thanks,
        Niko.

Comment

I'm interested in getting some of the 16x7 Maxilite Alpina replicas for my 1993 E30 318i Touring. They are ET28 with a 4x100 bolt pattern. I would most likely put on 205/50/R16s on them, a square set-up all around. Would these rub, or require spacers, or any other modifications? Would they retain the nice stock handling of my current 4x100 14" basketweaves?

Comment

so im looking to buy larger basketweaves, in particular the 15x7 or 15x7.5 basketweaves, im seeing them with a 27mm, 41mm, and 45mm offset.

recently lowered my E30 on bilstein B8s with H&R sports. im wondering if i put 225s on either of those rims, what offset would be recommended and would it work with a ride height that's about 1.75" lower than stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Didgeridoo View Post
              so im looking to buy larger basketweaves, in particular the 15x7 or 15x7.5 basketweaves, im seeing them with a 27mm, 41mm, and 45mm offset.

recently lowered my E30 on bilstein B8s with H&R sports. im wondering if i put 225s on either of those rims, what offset would be recommended and would it work with a ride height that's about 1.75" lower than stock?
              The 41mm and 45mm offsets wont work for you. I believe those are for the ix. 27mm is what you are looking for. I have seen people run 225 width tires, but they don't have very low ride height unless they start pulling the fenders. And many of these wheels are 0 to 15mm offset to move the wheel away form the inside of the car/suspension to make more room for the tire. You may have to run a spacer with the 27mm offset to keep the 225 from rubbing the shock.

Before you settle on tire size, see what is available in the width you want. To get close to the OEM height tire in a wide width, you run into limitations on tire selections. I find that to get a wide tire that closely matches the OEM height usually results in more racing compounds or ultra high performance soft tires that don't perform well in the cold or rain. And those tires are $$$. I daily my e30 so this is important. If not, the soft sticky tires will be fun. Going to a 16" wheel the tire selection is worse.

A few resources to help out:
              Tire size comparison the easy way. Use our tire size comparison calculator to compare diameter, width, sidewall, circumference and revolutions per mile.

Comment

Hey fellas, I have a 88 325iC, and am looking at some 17x8 et20 style 32's to run with the bloxsports 20mm 5 lug adapters. The car will be lowered on coilovers. I have 2 questions.

1.) Will the 17x8 et20 style 32's work with 20mm 5 lug adapters?

2.) What tire sizes will work with this combo? (I was thinking 215/40/17) Not really looking for the stretched look.
                TJ - Alpine 88' 325IC

sigpic

Comment

235/40/17 on konigs 17x8 et35. 3mm spacer up front and 15 rear. 5 lug swap. If your roll the fenders I’m sure 245 could fit up front. For the rear we all know you can get something meaty back there with the right off set and width wheels.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking to purchase 17x8 wheels and have the option to go et30 or et42. Car is on GC coilovers and fenders are rolled. Which is the best option and why?

thanks

Comment

Hey folks,
                      I'm getting ready to buy new tires. Currently, I've got 205/50s on 15" basketweaves. My car is on H&R Race springs, E90 drop hats, and a 15mm riser pad in the back to reduce the saggy rear end look.
                      Anyway, I was thinking about trying to find some 0205/55s, and wondering if anyone has any experience here? Am I going to rub?
                      I'm looking to get rid of that wheel gap, and wouldn't mind some meatier tires. Current setup picture attached.
                      Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

205/55R15 actually matches the stock E30 rolling diameter (23.9" or something like that). It shouldn't rub. There are more tire options now than I thought there would be too.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by hteverow View Post
                          I'm interested in getting some of the 16x7 Maxilite Alpina replicas for my 1993 E30 318i Touring. They are ET28 with a 4x100 bolt pattern. I would most likely put on 205/50/R16s on them, a square set-up all around. Would these rub, or require spacers, or any other modifications? Would they retain the nice stock handling of my current 4x100 14" basketweaves?

I'm looking at this exact setup (just with Alpina replicas from Ireland Engineering) 16x7 ET28 on 205/50R16 tires. I've looked at the willtheyfit.com website and measured the increase in tire/wheel width and it looks like they'll fit.

Did you end up going with this setup? Did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by grantmiller1 View Post

I'm looking at this exact setup (just with Alpina replicas from Ireland Engineering) 16x7 ET28 on 205/50R16 tires. I've looked at the willtheyfit.com website and measured the increase in tire/wheel width and it looks like they'll fit.

Did you end up going with this setup? Did it work?

I did purchase this setup. You'll save money ordering the wheels from Greg Gear Head or straight from Maxilite. They fit nicely with no rubbing or any other problems. I've got them clothed in 205/50 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s which are nice, but result in pretty light-weight steering effort--I think BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2s might make the steering a little weightier.

The only problem I've experienced is that I'm unable to get the center caps to sit flush on the face of the wheel. I've contacted the store about that and posted a thread on here to see if anyone has trouble-shooting suggestions. If I can't get the center caps in, it's not the end of the world, since they still look cool without them.

Comment

Hey dudes
                              Need some fitment help on an 88 cabby.So I getting ready to install the BBK kit sold by Elcoy. I have a set of old school 16x8 et 23 Mo Mo pentastars and after looking on “will it fit” they appear that they will if I use like 205/45 16 ( I really want to run 215/45 or 50 16’s )After I install the kit, it will make the front wheels poke an additional 13 mm more than stock. Will I have fitment problems and will I have to severely roll the front fender lips. I don’t care about rubbing on the back because I will just modify the out wheel house a bit on the inside and do a slight roll on the lip. HELP!!!!!!!

Geoff.
                              Last edited by 88 ragtop; 05-06-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Hi 1987 325 convertible, wheels enkei 92 15x8 et25 Bilstein sport + h&r springs
                                What tire size should i get? Spacers size if necessary?
                                i dont want rolling fenders
                                E28 m30b35 turbo
                                E34 s52b32

Comment

Working...
                                X