Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ 1988 BMW M3 runs and drives needs work E30 - $30000 (Spindale nc)

Says nothing else...would like to know what "needs work" means lol
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

It's disgusting how only around 10 years ago an example like that would be selling for well under $10k, if not parted out.
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        It's disgusting how only around 10 years ago an example like that would be selling for well under $10k, if not parted out.
        Yeah, I seriously missed the wagon on that one.

If they went back to 2007 prices for just one day I would buy one immediately.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

In 2011 I almost bought one that had a rebuilt S14 for $12k, but I didnt want to spend more than 10.... hindsight
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i've passed on a couple that i would like to kick myself in the ass for as well.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Putting this out there, cuz you guys have been quiet (and it's a pretty good price):

66 VW Bug - $5000

1966 VW Type 1. Completely rebuilt a 12v converted 1300/40hp engine with empi low profife exhaust. New tires and great in snow. Rare since no rust except surface rust and original pan in excellent condition. Interior has been removed but still have all parts. $5000 obo.
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

that is awesome. you are right. too quiet here. my question is what kind of a dumb fuuk would drive this car in the snow?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  that is awesome. you are right. too quiet here. my question is what kind of a dumb fuuk would drive this car in the snow?
                  I would, it's just a car. Winterize it before each snowy season, keep it clean and have at it, which is what I expect the seller did.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    One of my old roommates would drive his Beetle in the snow whenever his truck was broken.

Wasn't half bad. Cold as ice cold piss inside, and it would never get warm in the interior, but it drove well on the white stuff.

Comment

Small car like that with skinny tires is good for snow.

My contribution, as I am really itching for one of these older AMGs:

$9700. Think a little steep. But lowest miles I have seen for this chassis in a while.
                      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

^ What's the maintenance on one of those things? Similar to the E39 M5?

Comment

1987 BMW 535iS E28 5-speed m50 Swap In Progress - $2000 (Rosamond)

Not sure why someone would put an M50 in this car but it looks like it could be a solid car and may be worth it to put the original m30 back...or at least an s50/52

Also, an e30 m3 that threw a rod

1990 E30 M3, Blown s14 Motor - $25000

Last edited by TheRob; 12-04-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                            https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...408524941.html
                            Not sure why someone would put an M50 in this car but it looks like it could be a solid car and may be worth it to put the original m30 back...or at least an s50/55
                            Yeah, that is a bit baffling. A seriously questionable decision. The M50B25 has less torque, less power and less cool than an M30B35... And the M30 is so good for boost that it's honestly a little stupid to want to replace it with an RB20.

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                            $9700. Think a little steep. But lowest miles I have seen for this chassis in a while.
                            Eh they're cheap for a reason. If you gave one to me I'd sell it as fast as possible, the parts cost and reliability are not worth what you get.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              One of my old roommates would drive his Beetle in the snow whenever his truck was broken.

Wasn't half bad. Cold as ice cold piss inside, and it would never get warm in the interior, but it drove well on the white stuff.
                              WHen I was in high school and college, about a million years ago, I used to drive my 1972 Karmann Ghia 365 days a year. In the sun, rain, hail, ice, snow and sleet. I loved driving it and did not know better. Sometimes I wish I had that same mindset and did not always fret over every friggen piece of dirt that might come in contact with my e30 or 997.2...Oh I forgot to mention that the floor eventually fell out of my Ghia as I was driving along one fateful day.

Comment

Diesel E30. Interesting, but is it desirable?

1986/1987 BMW 324D, RARE Imported Diesel E30 - $5500

For sale is a used manual Euro 1986/1987 BMW 324D (12/1986 manufacture date). This is one of the first years the that most famous model BMW made, the E30, was made with a diesel engine. It has the BMW M21 diesel engine (this is not the turbo engine). If you Google best diesel engines and do your research, this will come up as one of the best. We imported the car from Europe and are the third owners. The first was a lady in Germany, and the second was a couple in the Netherlands. For a diesel that is a baby. The car is my daily driver. I only drive 12 miles each way to work. The car starts perfectly and there is never a concern with any problems. It gets about 33 or 34 miles per gallon. The only reason we are selling it is because we are moving to a place with a dirt road. I have a clear Georgia title in hand!

The Good: The mileage is in kilos and from my gas logs they are approximate. The car has 167,882 kilos (approximately 105,00 miles!!). Remember 0.62 miles = 1 kilo.

03/2015: New front rotors, back rotors turned, new front and back brake pads, transmission fluid changes, new fuel filter, and new brake fluid. Mileage was 158712 kilos.

04/2016: New lifetime Mishimoto radiator, new fan, new fan clutch, new belts, new glow plugs, new glow plug fuse, new water pump, new mats, and new K & N lifetime air filter. The thermostat was changed in 04/16 also. The original thermostat for the car runs at the 3/4 spot (remember it is cold in Europe so the car runs hotter) so it was changed to the 524td (American) thermostat which has the needle at half.Mileage was 161272 kilos.

06/16: New Garagistic shift bushings. Mileage was 162621 kilos.

09/16: Style 10 rims professionally refinished and new tires. Mileage was 163530 kilos.

The Bad -The car is over 30 years old and has some minor issues with some small spots on the body that need to be treated. I think the clear coat may have worn as it is hard to get stains from leaves off. Nothing major. I had planned to take it to Maaco to refresh it, take care of the small spots, and get a new clear coat but never got to it. -This a Euro car. It does not have air conditioning.
                                -When the car is cold the brake light comes on. When it warms up the light goes off. Research shows that this is a common problem and has to do with the solder on the connection. I have never had the time to do this project. But there is a youtube video that walks you through this if that is a problem for you.
                                -The lower seat heater and the power antennae do not work. I had replaced the antennae when i first got the car but those things don't hold up for long.
                                -Parts can be challenging to get but I have a c.d. that dealers use. You put in the VIN and it gives you the part numbers. This helps find parts easier. Some parts are available in the U.S. because of the Amercian available 524TD. It used the same engine. But others have to be found on Ebay or searching the internet and most of the time come from England or Germany.
                                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X