Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    i didn't even notice the salvage part. i'm now going to revise my opinion to 4.5k.....at the most.

anyway, the point is that this seller is gonna hear crickets!

it is a plastic bumper manual coupe ix though. so there is that
    Yea it doesnt look bad, I just feel bad for the guy who passed away (original owner) he put a ton of money in and didnt get much back.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

does anyone know what a ca tuned stage III engine is anyway? i guess I'm too lazy to look it up.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

CAtuned only has their "level 1" m20 listed on the website that I found. Price starts at $4400. you get a rebuilt m20 with the following:

"Rebuilt M20 Engine Level 1:

We start with a Mild Rebuilt Cylinder Head:

Fully Dissasambled
        Head is surfaced & Crack checked
        All new Valve Stem Seals
        Every Valve is Checked and Ground
        Fully Assembled

The Engine Block:

Fully Dissasambled
        Crank is fully inspected; Measured, ballanced if needed.
        Pistons are fully cleaned or replaced.
        All new Piston rings
        All new Rod bearing, Main Bearings
        All new Seals, gaskets.
        Oil pump is fully rebuilt or replaced.
        Engine is painted to your liking. Any color available: Black, Red, Grey and many more."

Options include:
        oil pan $120
        Valve cover and Intake is $220
        HD rockers $300
        Gates timing belt $64
        Spark plugs $13
        Powder coated valve cover and intake $540

So if you check all the boxes you're looking at over 5k, and that's with all Victor Reinz gaskets...

In that craigslist ad the receipt for the "Stage 3" engine was 10k so I hope it includes an OE headgasket atleast...

Comment

A V10 backed-up by a 6-speed stick, you say? You've got my attention! :popcorn:

Anybody here that can speak to what's like to drive one of these babies?

Rare BMW M6 V10 Manual Convertible - $34900 (Dayton OH)

I have a 2008 BMW M6 with a rare 6 speed manual transmission. It has 50,000 miles, black leather interior, new continental tires, convertible, heated seats, V10, 507 horse power stock, always garaged and babied. 34,900 OBO

This is the same motor which was put in the m5. More top end speed than the m3 bmw
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

V10 and a 6 speed is a nice combination but it's a damn shame that it's in that car. The styling department screwed the pooch on that generation of the M6 and unlike most cars they look better in pictures than in person. The front end looks like a dopey fish and the bizarre bangle butt is probably the ugliest feature to be penned by a BMW designer until someone in the design department licked a funny stamp before designing the i3.

The trunk lid looks like it was stolen off of another car and the top looks like it belongs on a Sebring.

It's downright impressive how BMW went straight from Charles Atlas with the E39 to Piltdown Man with the E60.
            Last edited by varg; 12-13-2017, 07:44 PM.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
              CAtuned only has their "level 1" m20 listed on the website that I found. Price starts at $4400. you get a rebuilt m20 with the following:

"Rebuilt M20 Engine Level 1:

We start with a Mild Rebuilt Cylinder Head:

Fully Dissasambled
              Head is surfaced & Crack checked
              All new Valve Stem Seals
              Every Valve is Checked and Ground
              Fully Assembled

The Engine Block:

Fully Dissasambled
              Crank is fully inspected; Measured, ballanced if needed.
              Pistons are fully cleaned or replaced.
              All new Piston rings
              All new Rod bearing, Main Bearings
              All new Seals, gaskets.
              Oil pump is fully rebuilt or replaced.
              Engine is painted to your liking. Any color available: Black, Red, Grey and many more."

Options include:
              oil pan $120
              Valve cover and Intake is $220
              HD rockers $300
              Gates timing belt $64
              Spark plugs $13
              Powder coated valve cover and intake $540

So if you check all the boxes you're looking at over 5k, and that's with all Victor Reinz gaskets...

In that craigslist ad the receipt for the "Stage 3" engine was 10k so I hope it includes an OE headgasket atleast...
              What a joke that is. The iX ad unfortunately proves there's someone dumb enough to pay that.

$540 to powdercoat IM and VC? That's a $150 service, max.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Vroom vroom

1989 BMW E30 325i coupe, or maybe it would be more correct to call it an E30 350is? Not your ordinary E30, this BMW has been transformed with a Ford 5.0 V8 swap and is a road rocket. The build was completed by a well-known Atlanta fabricator and fully documented. It changed hands to the current owner who has invested thousands in additional upgrades.

The old rules have gone out the window -- we've driven M30 swaps, turbo M20 setups, M5X swaps -- and liked some better than others. But when it comes down to it there is no replacement for displacement. And the relatively compact Ford small block, in all of its inexpensively tunable glory, makes for the best big-power package we have experienced in an E30 to date. The engine was rebuilt before installation in 2011 with some mild performance upgrades (GT40 heads, Explorer intake with larger throttle body, bored .030 over). It is mated to a rebuilt T5 Mustang five-speed manual gearbox with newer clutch and one-piece driveshaft with new u-joints. Power output is approximately 230hp/265lb-ft at the wheels. The install is neat and tidy, utilizing the reliable Ford EFI system. Power brakes, A/C and heat have been retained. No power steering. The custom exhaust has enough rumble to let you know there is no longer a 2.5 liter under the hood, but it's not obnoxious. The low noise level, compliant suspension and complete interior actually allow this hotrod to be a comfortable daily driver.

Recent driver quality repaint, nice lightweight 15-inch alloy wheels, Bilstein sport shocks with H&R sport springs. Recent control arms and bushings, strut mounts, brakes, wheel bearings and more up front. Refreshed rear subframe with adjustable RTABS. Rebuilt 3.73 LSD. Autometer oil pressure and temp gauges in console. Sony bluetooth stereo with new speakers and sub box in trunk. More detailed engine/build/suspension spec sheet available upon request.

Whether you are looking for a fast street car, drift car or possible track car (this car has not been tracked since built) this E30 offers a lot of car for the money and would be difficult replicate for the asking price. Owner's manuals and complete toolkit included. For more information about this 1989 BMW 325i 5.0 liter V8 for sale at Motorcar Studio in Atlanta.

This one's pretty interesting.

Comment

wonder why the SBF motors are more popular than the SBC 350s?
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

not that keen on the swap, but that is the first time i've seen someone relocate the ABS unit...pretty interesting.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

1989 325ix Touring Rare -- E30 Five Speed BMW - $11900

1989 BMW 325ix Touring. Ultra rare 5-speed all-wheel drive E30 wagon. Alpine white with black leather. One of less than 5,300 ever built worldwide over multiple years. Extremely difficult to find and import into the US. The Touring currently has Konig Roller polished aluminum 4x100 deep offset rims with BF Goodrich tires. Car has original factory premium rare feature headlight wipers, BMW security system, hitch, and M-Tech steering wheel. 155k miles. No Trade.

Comment

Frankenstein car anyone?

Project Mercedes pro street - $12000

A very rare 1972 Mercedes SLC Pro-street. This car is drivable, I drove it to car shows this year. It is listed as project because the wiring needs repaired replaced.
                        I have built this car over several years, now my time and thought are in a different direction. Should you be interested the list of parts is more than the asking price!
                        Here is a portion of what this car has and has had done, feel free to check prices on line. Rebuilt 427 Big Block Chevy, complete with about 1200 miles. Tremec 6 speed transmission, 11" clutch and double over drive? (.75:1 5th gear and .5:1 6th). Motor and trans retail for???.
                        Mustang II front suspension with 2" drop spindles, flaming river rack and pinion, stainless tubular A arms upper and lower. A similar kit is offered by Fat Man fabrications. The rear end is conprised of a Competition Engineering 4 link with coil over shocks and narrowed, disc brake Ford 9" (31 spline).
                        The tires and rims Weld prostar 15"x 5" front and 15" x 12" rear. The rear were new this summer and the front were new in 2016.
                        An interesting fact about this car is the wheel base is almost exact to a first gen. (67, 68, 69) Camaro?

Comment

If this rust-free, this is a decent deal:

1985 Honda Civic CRX 5spd - $1985

Classic Honda CRX for sale!
                          I bought this car 6 years ago, and it's time to let it go... Clean CO in hand.

I get a lot of compliments on how clean this car is, and it's super fun to drive, but I need something bigger with more seats.

The good:
                          Newer tires, lots of tread
                          All stock/all original*
                          Pioneer radio w/usb and aux
                          4 speakers (rare-ish option)
                          TONS of extra parts
                          Timing belt done <10k miles
                          High intensity headlights and fog lights
                          Super rare Injen rear springs (1.5" drop)
                          Newer muffler/exhaust (not loud)

The bad:
                          AC needs fitted (have all parts)
                          Replaced head gasket when I bought it, starting to go bad again I think
                          Carb was rebuilt when I bought it, needs new base gasket I think
                          Horn stopped working
                          Tear in driver's seat bolster
                          Small crack in dash
                          Windshield cracked
                          Few small rusty spots

Asking $1985.00, or best offer, cash or trade!
                          Last edited by Aleman; 12-22-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                            1989 325ix Touring Rare -- E30 Five Speed BMW - $11900

1989 BMW 325ix Touring. Ultra rare 5-speed all-wheel drive E30 wagon. Alpine white with black leather. One of less than 5,300 ever built worldwide over multiple years. Extremely difficult to find and import into the US. The Touring currently has Konig Roller polished aluminum 4x100 deep offset rims with BF Goodrich tires. Car has original factory premium rare feature headlight wipers, BMW security system, hitch, and M-Tech steering wheel. 155k miles. No Trade.
                            i would rock this. i might even trade my mtech II for it.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              i would rock this. i might even trade my mtech II for it.
                              That car has been up on cleveland craigslist on and off for at least a year... would have thought it would have sold by now?

Comment

Working...
                              X