Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still blows my mind how that would have been a $10k car, maybe less, like 10 years ago.
    My Feedback

Comment

It's probably a bubble, honestly. The appreciation was much sharper than it was with muscle cars and such and E30 M3s are just not that rare. Economic effects of covid might even pop it prematurely, some collectors and flippers will lose a lot of money on them.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

looks like the car is all there and in really good shape. as long as there isn't a hole through the side of the engine block, i would say its not too bad of a deal.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          I wonder why the bullet resistant windshield was replaced and when? When is more important, because it's awful that in less than 20 years the windshield delaminates to the point that it is not safe to drive at night.
          The rear window looks delaminated. Most likely, the front armored windshield has been replaced due to delamination too.
          He says a new armored windshield costs $15,000.

Comment

I wonder why the bullet resistant windshield was replaced and when? When is more important, because it's awful that in less than 20 years the windshield delaminates to the point that it is not safe to drive at night.
            They delaminate much earlier than 20 years.

I have a 2001 740i with the delaminating glass problems. BMW has been giving me 2 year warranties on these glass pieces for the last 4 years. the last time i had encinitas BMW replace the glass it started delaminating in THREE DAYS after it was installed.

So Far i have had TWLEVE (12) replacement pieces in the car and BMW keeps replacing them under warranty. The rear passenger window has had 7 of the 12 pieces of glass replaced. Do the math at $1400 each.

Comment

Another I know what I have listing. I just could not bring myself to buy a RHD car for US roads. Is this worth $7,000? Shoulda imported a LHD 325i and kept it Laguna Green.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...165164649.html

1993 BMW e30 touring wagon - $7000

Click image for larger version  Name:	00S0S_5vKJK9uV70M_600x450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	9941458
              Looking to sell my legally imported Right hand drive e30 touring wagon. It is a 316i, which were never released in the united states.

The car currently has about 195k on it and runs and drives beautifully. The car is mostly stock other than the steering wheel and a few speakers, and has had a quick re-spray repainted recently from the Laga. green to color match the replaced fenders.
              It does have some rust on the rockers and the pinch welds are pretty worn but nothing is structurally wrong with it.
              Other than that everything works in the car including radio, a/c, heat and front power windows/sunroof.

I am looking for cash offers mainly; however the only real trade I would be interested in is a supermoto+cash on your end.

Please text me with any questions/offers as I cannot always answer the phone. Email is also fine but you will get a much quicker response texting me.

The price is extreamly low for the vehicle I will not take a penny less no matter what excuse you have about condition; that is why I am asking 7000 not 15,000.
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Pretty sure that touring has been listed for quite some time, which tells me that it's either rusted or trashed, or both. What a shame.

Comment

It's probably a bubble, honestly. The appreciation was much sharper than it was with muscle cars and such and E30 M3s are just not that rare. Economic effects of covid might even pop it prematurely, some collectors and flippers will lose a lot of money on them.
                  I don’t see the E30 M3 price bubble popping anytime soon unless 3D printing technology can make much more affordable replicas possible. The COVID recession might put a damper on the values temporarily, but once the economy bounces back (and it always does), the prices for these cars will continue to moderately rise over the next decade. They will not rise as explosively as they did in the 2010s, back when 80s Euro touring car nostalgia kicked into high gear (pun intended). Eventually, they’ll reach a point of stagnation as people slowly get off the E30 M3 hype train and find another aging car to pedestalize (maybe the E46 M3?)
                  1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                  1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d...167154243.html

1987 BMW e30 325i
                    160xxx miles
                    5 speed
                    everything works, AC cold, Heat, wipers lights ect
                    red leather, in decent shape
                    bluetooth speakers

NO FRAME RUST
                    this car is super clean for its age. There are some beat up jack points, and a little surface rust underneath but nothing is rotted.

I bought this car a few years ago and it has been a blast every time i drive it, reason for selling is we are moving soon and can not take all the toys with us.

Engine: M30B34 with around 100,xxx miles on the engine

Trans: Getrag 5 speed, no issues, shifts smooth, clutch is in great shape

Suspension: Brand new Bilstien Sport shocks all around, shock mounts, H&R Springs (if you are familiar with these brands you know i spent over $1000 on parts alone) and its so worth it! the car sits so nice, its super planted in corners, like glue. no limited slip diff in this car, as it is currently a Sunday cruiser not a track whip.
                    Wheel bearings replaced all around in the last 100 miles

It is leaking oil, yes its a 33 year old bmw, they can be temperamental at times. I believe it is the gasket for the oil filter housing, I just have not had time to get to this.

I have a ton of parts that i will throw in for the asking price.

might need a new park break to pass(depending on who inspects)

i could make more parting this out, but I love this car and it needs to be driven. Clean NYS title in hand

Make an offer, No trades. Cash only, don't need help selling.

text preferred to J.W. at:
                    716-374-4221

Click image for larger version

Name:	00n0n_6sqcQa8EXvB_06104w_1200x900.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	9941501 Click image for larger version

Name:	00G0G_4WpLcRxJyuE_04w061_1200x900.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	9941500 Click image for larger version

Name:	00t0t_gJD0Ac10rZH_06104w_1200x900.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	9941502
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

I don’t see the E30 M3 price bubble popping anytime soon unless 3D printing technology can make much more affordable replicas possible. The COVID recession might put a damper on the values temporarily, but once the economy bounces back (and it always does), the prices for these cars will continue to moderately rise over the next decade. They will not rise as explosively as they did in the 2010s, back when 80s Euro touring car nostalgia kicked into high gear (pun intended). Eventually, they’ll reach a point of stagnation as people slowly get off the E30 M3 hype train and find another aging car to pedestalize (maybe the E46 M3?)
                      You don't need a 3D printer if you have a big metal press.
                      E30Garage Norway, Norway. 13,302 likes · 290 talking about this · 3 were here. Welcome to the World`s largest reproduction of metal parts for E30 & E30 M3

Comment

3D printing won't have any bearing on the value of a collector's car. You're not going to be able to 3D print sheet metal, you might be able to 3D print some tooling such as dies but that really won't make production of reproduction parts cheap. Recession/depression though, that can decimate the value of something that is bought purely with disposable income because it's a toy. I'm just hoping the recession is short, here I am graduating into it
                        Last edited by varg; 07-29-2020, 05:07 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

I think we can count on pretty much any rwd manual transmission car to follow a steady upward trend in value. Supply and demand. BMW makes like two cars with manuals these days, there's the mazda miata, the toyota/subaru thing, and nissan should be dropping a new z car soon, and I think that's pretty much it for the new market besides $100k Porsches. Anything used I find that is listed for a good price is often sold the day it's listed. I recently called on a cheap e36 within a few hours of the listing being posted and was about to make the two hour drive to get it when the seller called me up and says he had people offering him more for what he was asking...
                          Last edited by E30 Wagen; 07-30-2020, 03:07 PM.
                          My Feedback

Comment

this turd fucker must be bored sitting at home during the covid and decided to turn his attention toward "humor". i think the funniest part is his obvious 3" wiener. how the f do you have the time to waste like this?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...09774435716004

2012 BMW Series 5 · 530i Sedan 4D
                            $9,000
                            Vehicles
                            Listed 4 days ago in Des Plaines, IL
                            MessageAbout This Vehicle
                            Driven 112,000 miles
                            Automatic transmission
                            Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Tan
                            Fuel type: GasolineTypical Features
                            • Leather Seats
                            • Moon Roof
                            • Navigation
                            • Bluetooth
                            • See All Typical Features
                            Seller's description
                            Semi-relative low miles. 112,000 Miles. All highway Small amount interior damage Minor engine tune up required. New air ride suspension. Lightweight alloy rims. Sunroof all year round. Great for long drives. Tan interior. Minor cigarette burn marks to the interior. Firm price $9000 Low ballers will not be responded to. One of kind car. Won’t find in this condition
                            2012 BMW Series 5 · 530i Sedan 4D
                            $9,000
                            Vehicles
                            Listed 4 days ago in Des Plaines, IL
                            MessageAbout This Vehicle
                            Driven 112,000 miles
                            Automatic transmission
                            Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Tan
                            Fuel type: GasolineTypical Features
                            • Leather Seats
                            • Moon Roof
                            • Navigation
                            • Bluetooth
                            • See All Typical Features
                            Seller's description
                            Semi-relative low miles. 112,000 Miles. All highway Small amount interior damage Minor engine tune up required. New air ride suspension. Lightweight alloy rims. Sunroof all year round. Great for long drives. Tan interior. Minor cigarette burn marks to the interior. Firm price $9000 Low ballers will not be responded to. One of kind car. Won’t find in this condition
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by flyboyx; 07-29-2020, 11:57 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

oh boy

Outrageous over the top 72 corvette - $99,975 (Fishkill)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...167966648.html

Name:	00h0h_5Nh84p8G9Se_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	9943014

1972 corvette. Owned for 37 years. Never seen rain. Always garaged. 3200 miles since 2002. All gold plating is 24 k. Blown 502/703 horse motor. Polished Edelbrock heads.Full roller set up.775demon blower carbs. Power rack and pinion steering. Polished billet fans and master cylinder. Fully polished manual shift turbo 400. 355 rear. Very streetable. A blast to drive. Fully custom purple,white, gold interior.69 camaro back up lights.pearl white/ gold flake/ pink and purple pearl ghost flames.29x15x15 rear tires non tubbed. Chrome roll bar. Front frame chromed. Multi show winner. Was in the steve Harvey showhttps://youtu.be/n89xaWiJ-PY

Comment

Damn. Clean car, but that tape over the warning light is way too SHAY-DEE. Typical 'buy here pay here' slimeball stuff, though.

1986 Toyota MR2 5 Speed Manual Leather Sunroof 2dr Coupe - AS LOW AS $49/wk - BU - $12995

https://reading.craigslist.org/ctd/d...156552905.html

Name:	00W0W_13DEBGtyFDP_0cU09G_600x450.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9943566

Name:	00r0r_3qF3rMtVivr_0cU09G_600x450.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	9943565

Year: 1986
                                Make: Toyota
                                Model: MR2 5 Speed Manual Leather Sunroof
                                Series: 2dr Coupe
                                VIN: JT2AW15C9G0071440
                                Stock #: 071440
                                Condition: Used
                                Mileage: 80,577
                                Exterior: Tan
                                Interior: Black
                                Body: Coupe
                                Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
                                Engine: 1L NA I4 double overhead cam (DOHC) 16V

Comment

Working...
                                X