Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by fronton View Post
    Thanks, a PPI would be tough to pull off in time at this juncture and I'm losing interest every grand it goes up at this point.
    On the last picture that was uploaded of the cowl with the vent pulled out you can clearly see the worksmanship. There is actually blue body filler exposed at the top right. Any exposed body filler will soak up moisture that will migrate down to the metal and start to rust. It just looks like they were pretty lazy around that area.
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

    Comment


      Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
      On the last picture that was uploaded of the cowl with the vent pulled out you can clearly see the worksmanship. There is actually blue body filler exposed at the top right. Any exposed body filler will soak up moisture that will migrate down to the metal and start to rust. It just looks like they were pretty lazy around that area.
      Not only that, if you look at the roof, the right side of the roof is a different color than the left side (right hand side has a lot of blue, that is really distinct, where I'm guessing their blend line is hidden)

      Additionally, if you zoom in closely on the very last picture, you can see a ton of filler and peeling paint (already!!!!!) on the furthest left side of the picture. Thought this was a new OE cowl replacement part - why should it have that much filler...? Curious what it looks like on the underside with a mirror...
      Portland, Oregon
      E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

      Comment


        That’s why I hate shopped photos in an auction. Color correction, etc..

        Rust




        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
        2006 BMW X3
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

        Comment


          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          That’s why I hate shopped photos in an auction. Color correction, etc..

          Rust




          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          L M F A O ..............great job, guys
          Portland, Oregon
          E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

          Comment


            I hope this car is in better shape than what we think it is. But this ^picture is making it suspect AF.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            1982 528e - Sold
            1987 325e - Totalled
            1990 325is - Sold
            1997 540i6 - Sold
            1991 325ic - Sold
            2013 335i - Sold
            2005 X5 - Daily
            1991 318is - *work in progress*

            Comment


              Well you did your best exposing the condition. This car is completely buyer beware.

              Comment


                RNM at $43k. Big shocker there...
                Portland, Oregon
                E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

                Comment


                  1988 325iS
                  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325is-36/
                  Attached Files
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                  -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                    RNM at $43k. Big shocker there...


                    Yah, I did like how his fan club came out at the end saying how great he was, and his “reputation” as a dealer here in Portland. I’d never heard of him, nor had any of my dealer friends, unless he was one of those 82nd Ave dealers who change names every couple years.

                    Austin filled me in on his history locally, now I recognize his former dealership. Again it was one that seemed to have a lot of overpriced suspicious cars on Craigslist.. but he’s got his BAT rep now, so good on him.

                    I just wonder who actually holds the title on that car.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                    2006 BMW X3
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                    Comment


                      If the cowl was replaced did they restamp the vin?

                      Comment


                        That's a really nice looking car aside from the wheels. Polished rims are too much on an E30, especially one with shadowline trim.
                        @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (18psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                        [b u i l d]
                        [Car of the month: April 2018]

                        0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

                        Comment


                          Wow, all that work done and it was still bid upto 43k RNM? Sounds like he should have taken the money. Maybe I should toss my Sepang Bronze S52 M3 up on there. It's gotta get at least $30k. I know it's non original but it's sounds like it's in better shape.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                          85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Wow, all that work done and it was still bid upto 43k RNM? Sounds like he should have taken the money. Maybe I should toss my Sepang Bronze S52 M3 up on there. It's gotta get at least $30k. I know it's non original but it's sounds like it's in better shape.
                            I think you will scare away people with the title
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                            -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by varg View Post
                              That's a really nice looking car aside from the wheels. Polished rims are too much on an E30, especially one with shadowline trim.
                              I was going to type this exact thing.
                              Change the wheels,,,, looker.
                              Jimmy P.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                              98 318Ti Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I think you will scare away people with the title
                                Well the title is clean =D, but yeah I wouldn't sell it without disclosing the previous salvage title. That's why I opted to try and sell it locally vs ebay/BAT. So one could come see how it is vs assuming.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                                85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X