This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fronton View Post
    Thanks, a PPI would be tough to pull off in time at this juncture and I'm losing interest every grand it goes up at this point.
    On the last picture that was uploaded of the cowl with the vent pulled out you can clearly see the worksmanship. There is actually blue body filler exposed at the top right. Any exposed body filler will soak up moisture that will migrate down to the metal and start to rust. It just looks like they were pretty lazy around that area.
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
      On the last picture that was uploaded of the cowl with the vent pulled out you can clearly see the worksmanship. There is actually blue body filler exposed at the top right. Any exposed body filler will soak up moisture that will migrate down to the metal and start to rust. It just looks like they were pretty lazy around that area.
      Not only that, if you look at the roof, the right side of the roof is a different color than the left side (right hand side has a lot of blue, that is really distinct, where I'm guessing their blend line is hidden)

Additionally, if you zoom in closely on the very last picture, you can see a ton of filler and peeling paint (already!!!!!) on the furthest left side of the picture. Thought this was a new OE cowl replacement part - why should it have that much filler...? Curious what it looks like on the underside with a mirror...
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That’s why I hate shopped photos in an auction. Color correction, etc..

Rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          That’s why I hate shopped photos in an auction. Color correction, etc..

Rust

L M F A O ..............great job, guys

Comment

I hope this car is in better shape than what we think it is. But this ^picture is making it suspect AF.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            1982 528e - Sold
            1987 325e - Totalled
            1990 325is - Sold
            1997 540i6 - Sold
            1991 325ic - Sold
            2013 335i - Sold
            2005 X5 - Daily
            1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Well you did your best exposing the condition. This car is completely buyer beware.

Comment

RNM at $43k. Big shocker there...

Comment

1988 325iS
                  Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #18,629.
                  Attached Files
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                    RNM at $43k. Big shocker there...

Yah, I did like how his fan club came out at the end saying how great he was, and his “reputation” as a dealer here in Portland. I’d never heard of him, nor had any of my dealer friends, unless he was one of those 82nd Ave dealers who change names every couple years.

Austin filled me in on his history locally, now I recognize his former dealership. Again it was one that seemed to have a lot of overpriced suspicious cars on Craigslist.. but he’s got his BAT rep now, so good on him.

I just wonder who actually holds the title on that car.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

If the cowl was replaced did they restamp the vin?

Comment

That's a really nice looking car aside from the wheels. Polished rims are too much on an E30, especially one with shadowline trim.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Wow, all that work done and it was still bid upto 43k RNM? Sounds like he should have taken the money. Maybe I should toss my Sepang Bronze S52 M3 up on there. It's gotta get at least $30k. I know it's non original but it's sounds like it's in better shape.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Wow, all that work done and it was still bid upto 43k RNM? Sounds like he should have taken the money. Maybe I should toss my Sepang Bronze S52 M3 up on there. It's gotta get at least $30k. I know it's non original but it's sounds like it's in better shape.
                            I think you will scare away people with the title
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              That's a really nice looking car aside from the wheels. Polished rims are too much on an E30, especially one with shadowline trim.
                              I was going to type this exact thing.
                              Change the wheels,,,, looker.
                              Jimmy P.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                              98 318Ti Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I think you will scare away people with the title
                                Well the title is clean =D, but yeah I wouldn't sell it without disclosing the previous salvage title. That's why I opted to try and sell it locally vs ebay/BAT. So one could come see how it is vs assuming.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X