X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    My guess would be around 15k

It is a nice car, but for me, this is the least desirable e30 configuration. m42/late model/vert.

If I were going to get an e30 vert, it would be an m20/early vert, which is exactly what I have :p

An m20's sound, plus no top = one very nice time.
    M20/5 spd and top down with quality exhaust you can live with....wish the injectors could be silenced...guess that's part of the charm.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

..and euro bumpers.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I took a girl out in my vert one time, we had the top down and she asked, "is that your car making that noise?"

I looked at her like this;

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

HAHAHAHa, that’s great.

Comment

dayum.... almost $60k for the M3
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yup. All the owners must have had other cars to keep the mileage so low...unless it was parked for several years. Good to see the cars are still thriving.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I kinda figured thats where that Lachsilber M3 would end up.
                I'm rarely right on that front but $60K was the number I had in my head when I saw it post.

It is a very nice car.
                Many things about it I liked. The underside was in great condition. The pinch seams were like new.

The people who were scared of the repaint are weenies.
                A proper windows out, parts off, repaint is nothing to be scared of.
                Think of someone like Mario Langsten doing it,,, I'd rather have a top end, windows out repaint than 30 year old paint thats been rubbed on for 30 years unless the thing has lived an absolutely charmed life in a bubble.

My street car is lower miles than that one and my brothers is is about the same miles.
                What I turned into my race car back in 1997 only has 8X K on it now.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

1991 S14 swapped 318iS SOLD on 5/4/17 for $17,250
                  Bid for the chance to own a S14-Powered 1991 BMW 318is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,077.

My buddy bought that car. If you look in the user name thread I have a pic of his E30 M3 parked next to my sons 318is.

He purchased that M3 in 2012 for 13K. Yes, $13,000, we fought over that car.

Since he was first in line he got it. I felt it was my duty as a good friend to drive him up and get it in Atlanta.

I got to drive the S14 swapped 318is and I will admit, before driving it, I was not really understanding the whole S14 craze, give me another 100 HP and some torque please.... then I drove that car, I get it now. The engine is so smooth and revs so nice, it reminded me of a rotary, butter smooth and winds up really fast.

Just before I drove it.

M3 in background.

Them rims.... oh and my JCW in the background. :D (We both have a severe car problem, and we may or may not have a whiskey and beer problem)

He basically bought a S14 in a nice shiny box (car) go look what S14's are going for he paid just a tad more for an entire car and he LOVES that car.
                  Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                    I kinda figured thats where that Lachsilber M3 would end up.
                    I'm rarely right on that front but $60K was the number I had in my head when I saw it post.

It is a very nice car.
                    Many things about it I liked. The underside was in great condition. The pinch seams were like new.

The people who were scared of the repaint are weenies.
                    A proper windows out, parts off, repaint is nothing to be scared of.
                    Think of someone like Mario Langsten doing it,,, I'd rather have a top end, windows out repaint than 30 year old paint thats been rubbed on for 30 years unless the thing has lived an absolutely charmed life in a bubble.

My street car is lower miles than that one and my brothers is is about the same miles.
                    What I turned into my race car back in 1997 only has 8X K on it now.
                    I love nice new paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                      The Vert stalled out at $10,500 and reserve not met. Wonder what they were looking for.
                      Too much. The E30 market has been on the upward march but that doesn't mean that a nice example of every variant will crack $20,000 despite what a lot of people seem to think. People were raving in the comments for that auction talking about it going over $20,000 and that's ridiculous, more desirable E30s crack that with low miles but the price is what the market will bear. The market for a 4 cylinder convertible is much smaller than the market for a 325is or 318is or even a 325iC.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

but... but.... Baby M3 :rofl:
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                          Poor, are you running an XBrace? If so which one?

Missed this when you posted it.

I am, the Garagtistic piece.
                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            Too much. The E30 market has been on the upward march but that doesn't mean that a nice example of every variant will crack $20,000 despite what a lot of people seem to think. People were raving in the comments for that auction talking about it going over $20,000 and that's ridiculous, more desirable E30s crack that with low miles but the price is what the market will bear. The market for a 4 cylinder convertible is much smaller than the market for a 325is or 318is or even a 325iC.
                            The 318ic that was bid to $10.5k just sold for $14k off auction.
                            Very well bought.
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              The 318ic that was bid to $10.5k just sold for $14k off auction.
                              Very well bought.
                              How do you know?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Seller posted.
                                Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,100.

Kataraxkidd (The Seller) 20
                                Just an update that the beautiful 318i convertible sold to the highest bidder @Sdgilb here in Miami. It was love at first sight. @Bradnic was right on the money which I feel was well bought. Thanks for all your interest and comments. I have more very special cars soon to be offered on BAT! Cheers, Scott
                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                but... but.... Baby M3 :rofl:
                                so all you vert haters quit yer bitchin. lol.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X