This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I think thats built by the same NFG RX7. saem type of destroy it and let "the haters hate" type "engineering"
    Yep, "no fucks given" so LOOK AT ME! SEE HOW MANY FUCKS I DON'T GIVE!? JOKE'S ON YOU I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! but you see me giving no fucks right? I just want to make sure that you know I don't give a fuck...

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Haha, that’s funny

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        Yep, "no fucks given" so LOOK AT ME! SEE HOW MANY FUCKS I DON'T GIVE!? JOKE'S ON YOU I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! but you see me giving no fucks right? I just want to make sure that you know I don't give a fuck...

So basically Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I would love to see an m30 powered car on BaT. I'm currently dealing with getting a decent valuation for my totaled car and the only swaps out there are s5x.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Alright you picky peeps....

M3 (13) = $40,630
            318is (12) = 12,562
            325is (7) = $11,962
            325i (10) = $8,890
            Convertible (6) = $12,667
            Touring (4) = $11,147
            Swapped (11)= $12,041
            iX(3) = $7,552
            Alpina (2) = $29,260
            Other (4) = $9,838

Average of E30s, not including M3s and Alpinas $10,827
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Out of curiosity, does the count of swapped cars overlap with the counts of the various iterations?

e.g. if a car was sold as a 318is but was 24v swapped, would it be counted in both categories?
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Out of curiosity, does the count of swapped cars overlap with the counts of the various iterations?

e.g. if a car was sold as a 318is but was 24v swapped, would it be counted in both categories?
                No, and I didnt want to break down the swap category. Basically if you were swapped, you only were counted in the swap group. There are verts, tourings and "regular" E30s mixed in there. Once you swapped the motor, regardless of what motor you did you were moved into the swap group and out of the chassis group.

318iS, 325i, Touring are all stock engine cars. I did mix in all the tourings together
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Poor iX’s. The red headed stepchild of the E30 world.

I actually really enjoyed driving my buddies one around last winter. Almost thought about picking one up for fun.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Alright you picky peeps....

M3 (13) = $40,630
                    318is (12) = 12,562
                    325is (7) = $11,962
                    325i (10) = $8,890
                    Convertible (6) = $12,667
                    Touring (4) = $11,147
                    Swapped (11)= $12,041
                    iX(3) = $7,552
                    Alpina (2) = $29,260
                    Other (4) = $9,838

Average of E30s, not including M3s and Alpinas $10,827
                    I'm loving these stats.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think these numbers actually represent? Meaning, do BaT e30 prices reflect that actual value of the average e30? Is this the value of a "well-sorted" e30? Is this the value of some top percentage of e30s?
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                      I'm loving these stats.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think these numbers actually represent? Meaning, do BaT e30 prices reflect that actual value of the average e30? Is this the value of a "well-sorted" e30? Is this the value of some top percentage of e30s?

keep in mind, there are only 3 iXs that went up so its a small amount to base much off of...

also fun fact, removing the one "325i Project" which was a rusty POS the avg goes up to $9,700

If nothing else, this shows that there are a lot of people willing to put up real money for E30s. There are still a lot of good deals out there because this was never a 911 and even the M3 were taken to the track and driven hard, so theres a lot of cars out there that werent and arent seen as anything special. However, the "special & no story" cars are fetching good money
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

e30's have been pretty quiet on BAT lately...

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Poor iX’s. The red headed stepchild of the E30 world.

I actually really enjoyed driving my buddies one around last winter. Almost thought about picking one up for fun.

It's strange, really. I mean I'm biased because I think the iX is the coolest of the pack but you have to wonder why it doesn't pull in as much coin as the others. My thinking is because most people don't want to deal with the added maintenance and cost of driving an iX, along with the fact that most are suspicious rust buckets... But I have a feeling one day the average price of a nicely taken care of iX will sky rocket.
                          My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

No [...] Once you swapped the motor, regardless of what motor you did you were moved into the swap group and out of the chassis group.

318iS, 325i, Touring are all stock engine cars. I did mix in all the tourings together
                            Good info Simon. Thanks!
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                              It's strange, really. I mean I'm biased because I think the iX is the coolest of the pack but you have to wonder why it doesn't pull in as much coin as the others. My thinking is because most people don't want to deal with the added maintenance and cost of driving an iX, along with the fact that most are suspicious rust buckets... But I have a feeling one day the average price of a nicely taken care of iX will sky rocket.
                              The buyer pool will never be as large for the iX. E30s got this level of hype as relatively lightweight reliable RWD cars with good driving dynamics, a heavier AWD version with more potential for expensive problems just doesn't appeal to the same large group of people.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

There's a pretty nice restored Alpine IX going across the Barrett-Jackson chopping block on Monday January 15th, Landing in time to make it there to bid what do you think it's worth? It's on the Barrett-Jackson website for Scottsdale 2018 on their car docket

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                                Current Cars:
                                2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                                2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                                2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                                1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                                1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                                1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                                1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                                2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for: