This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    bigger steal? M3 racecar for $30k or M30 early model for $11k?
    That M30 car.......it was almost perfect.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I wouldn't call the M30 powered early model a steal. A reasonable price for a really nice car with a well done swap, but not a steal. As for the M3 race car for $30k, that also seems about right. Race cars that aren't historic or exceedingly rare are not really that valuable, you certainly can't expect to get anywhere near what you put into building just about any race car out of it, so it makes sense that it would sell for quite a bit less than a nice stock E30 M3 would.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Financially the race car by a mile.
        The M30 car was nice but was much easier to replicate.

The race car had loads of higher end work in it, alot of stuff that costs real money, not to mention the time and effort of taking the chassis places to have things done to it unless your home hobby garage has an engine shop and cage fab shop and a sheet metal shop.

The M30 car while very nicely done could be replicated by a hobbyist in a home garage (except for the paint).
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
          Financially the race car by a mile.
          The M30 car was nice but was much easier to replicate.

The race car had loads of higher end work in it, alot of stuff that costs real money, not to mention the time and effort of taking the chassis places to have things done to it unless your home hobby garage has an engine shop and cage fab shop and a sheet metal shop.

The M30 car while very nicely done could be replicated by a hobbyist in a home garage (except for the paint).
          Read my mind completely. That henna car was nice, but the M3 was the better bargain, IMHO.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            I wouldn't call the M30 powered early model a steal. A reasonable price for a really nice car with a well done swap, but not a steal. As for the M3 race car for $30k, that also seems about right. Race cars that aren't historic or exceedingly rare are not really that valuable, you certainly can't expect to get anywhere near what you put into building just about any race car out of it, so it makes sense that it would sell for quite a bit less than a nice stock E30 M3 would.
            Agreed. One could certainly build that m30 car for that
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

M50-Swapped 1987 BMW 325i Convertible

Bid for the chance to own a M50-Swapped 1987 BMW 325i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,770.

Comment

Non-vanos.... lame
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The cabin has been detailed and treated with aerospace UV blockers.
                  That's arguably the most fluffy way possible to say "...wiped down with 303."
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

No Reserve: 1988 BMW M3

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,775.

Comment

Non-vanos.... lame

I like the sellers comment: no corners cut.

Except for what’s needed to install the later plastic rear bumper.

I love how the first few comments talk about it being perfect. The mismatch bumpers seem like a huge oversight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,803.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          That's arguably the most fluffy way possible to say "...wiped down with 303."
                          No, pretty sure it's the most fluffy way. Also, I'm totally stealing it and including it in my restoration writeups.

I like to pronounce aerospace "ay-ro-spa-che" and follow it with "che bella." Then my wife tags me in the bean bag and I realize the error of my ways.
                          1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Non-vanos.... lame
                            Agreed - M30 weight, power of a lightly modded M20.
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

My ix is now live on BaT
                              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 325ix 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,880.
                              91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma Aberration View Post

If that driving video doesn't sell it I don't know what will. I'm jealous of your scenery. I dig the wheels btw....
                                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X